Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

OLD ISP viSENT BILL AFTER CLOSING ACCOUNT

This is a discussion on OLD ISP viSENT BILL AFTER CLOSING ACCOUNT within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; I was NTLFREEDOM and they changed to virgin media, just after this I left and I joined sky....

CYMRAES is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: OLD ISP viSENT BILL AFTER CLOSING ACCOUNT

I was NTLFREEDOM and they changed to virgin media, just after this I left and I joined sky.

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Have you thought about trying to get somebody like Watchdog involved to perhaps take up your case ?

Exchange:
      Thanks

Well I have written a letter of complaint and I emailed it (perhaps I should post it) and at the top of the letter have asked it to be passed on to the appropriate person to see what response I get, but in the letter I have said that unless this matter is resolved quickly that I shall be taking it further and also writing to 'Watchdog'. I will wait for the response before doing anything else.

jayhab is offline Site Content Team
      Exchange: Connah's Quay
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: not any more!
      Thanks

I was Virgin.net, so that's possibly why the messages are different? - Either way - it looks like your account is closed?? -e-mail to watchdog or the ferret!

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CYMRAES View Post
      Well I have written a letter of complaint and I emailed it (perhaps I should post it) and at the top of the letter have asked it to be passed on to the appropriate person to see what response I get, but in the letter I have said that unless this matter is resolved quickly that I shall be taking it further and also writing to 'Watchdog'. I will wait for the response before doing anything else.
      UPDATE
      It has been over a month since I wrote a letter to virgin which included a full account of events regarding the matter noting all dates, phonecalls, emails etc.

The good news is that I haven't received any further bills or a demand for payments of bills they charged me after I migrated to sky. However, they have not responded to my letter at all - perhaps the threat of contacting 'watchdog' scared them! I haven't had a letter stating that my account is closed either, just no response at all which makes me a little nervous!

Anyway, just thought I would update incase someone else has had any problems in this area. In the meantime I am happy that I haven't had another bill and hopefully the matter is closed. However I do feel that they are very rude not responding to the letter I wrote.

jayhab is offline Site Content Team
      Exchange: Connah's Quay
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: not any more!
      Thanks

You could give them a call to confirm!!!

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

They might tell him to write in instead !

Exchange:
      Thanks

O OH! HERE WE GO
      I have just received a letter this morning from MOORCROFT DEBT RECOVERY LIMITED - PRE-COURT DIVISION! Arghhh!! They are agents of "virgin media" and work with them to collect payment against uncleared accounts.
      According to the letter they state that my account has an outstanding balance of 29.23 and have been asked to contact me to arrange payment - to be made to them within 7 days! The balance of 29.23 is not a figure that has been given before as I did not pay bill 22 april - 22 may of 24.49 and 22 may - 22nd June of 48.98 (balance brought forward of 24.49 previous month) so where did they get this figure? Although I did tell them in the letter that I had paid upto 22nd April and my month notice ended 26th March.

I sent a letter to virgin media over a month ago and they have not even acknowledged it! Not sure what to do now, should I just pay this and have an end to it or will they send more of these letters for another amount?

Any advice? Should I contact these people (there is a website address) or would it be a waste of time. Perhaps I should email virgin and ask for a response to my letter?? Not a clue what to do now but would appreciate your thoughts and advice.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Frankly Virgin (Ntl) are totally useless when it comes to closing accounts, we were billed for services for 4 months AFTER we had a letter saying that we had finally left them, so you are not alone.

The only language they seem to understand is if they get taken to court so I'd advise not to pay the debt collection agency as it seems that Virgin didn't or hasn't closed your account and by paying a debt collection agency your admitting that you hadn't paid your bill and may affetct your credit rating but spend the 30 taking Virgin to small claims court.

You phone virgin and ask them for the address of their legal department as you are going to take them to court and then put the court paperwork in online (it's really easy and is designed for you to take them to court without using a solicitor.) and you ask for the account to be closed and the debt collection agency to be called off.

There is a good chance once the court paperwork hits the legal dept then somebody there will have to look at your account and will proabably try to resolve it without going to court as it always looks bad in the papers if this happens.

PeteC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sheffield
      Broadband ISP: cable
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i would ring up this debt collection agency and advise the amount is in dispute and ask for the account to be passed back to virgin media, if they do this get onto virgin again, if they refuse to do this ( which they rarely do) the do as stated above. but never EVER think a DCA can visit your property - even if they threaten to, they do not have that power and if you get any letters of the like, keep them, they will prove to be very handy in the future.

People might find this advice weird, i spent years fighting different companys who went to DCA's - it's their way of shrugging their shoulders and getting their money. i've offered this moorcroft outright to go to court, yet the account always got returned to the company they bought it from.

keep us posted. if you have evidence to support what you say ( bank statements, paper statements etc) then don't sweat, it'll all come out in the wash as they say

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast