Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

OLD ISP viSENT BILL AFTER CLOSING ACCOUNT

This is a discussion on OLD ISP viSENT BILL AFTER CLOSING ACCOUNT within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Keep at it mate as you will get there in the end, it might not seem it at the moment ...

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: OLD ISP viSENT BILL AFTER CLOSING ACCOUNT

Keep at it mate as you will get there in the end, it might not seem it at the moment but you should be able to sort this out.

2. Advertisement
      CYMRAES is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CYMRAES View Post
      [QUOTE[I]][B]
      Before I write to Virgin media with a letter of complaint I have now sent BT an email to ask if they can confirm that the MAC code provided by virgin media was used on ordering sky - just to check that the information sky gave me is correct, this way virgin media will not be able to dispute it.
      The saga continues, I have received a reply from BT today (only took a few days to respond!) with this reply:
      You will need to contact Sky in order to resolve this issue. It is not a BT issue.
      I have replied stating that all I need from them is confirmation that they used the MAC code provided or not! Sky have told me that BT confirmed this to them so why won't they tell me! Arghh! This is all I need as the dispute virgin has is that sky did not use the MAC they provided and therefore could not close my account. If BT tells me they did use it virgin has to accept that they are in the wrong which then means my account would have closed 28th March! This is hard work!!

Exchange:
      Thanks

Update: BT has just responded by email:
      I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you have experienced.

In response to your e-mail I would like to advise you to contact BT MARKER Removal Team on 0800 169 9576, 08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday and one of the experts will be more than happy to assist you with your query.

Once again please accept my apologies for the problems you have experienced with BT recently.
      It seems I will have to contact them tomorrow (don't think they will help today as it is Bank holiday) to see what they have to say - I wonder if this is going to be another run around.

All I want is the facts so that I can deal with Virgin!

dancingdog777 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01425
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Frankly, though Virgin tried to kick up a fuss with me, I just cancelled my direct debit and ignored them. They soon shut up!
      Why bother to continue the argument, just ignore them!

Exchange:
      Thanks

I have just come off the phone to the BT MARKER Removal team and guess what - sky did not use the MAC code I provided them from ntlfreedom/virgin! All sky did was to cease the ntlfreedom line.

I have now sent an email to sky as they had stated in an email
      We have checked our records and can confirm that your Sky Broadband account was activated on 12 March 2007. The order was placed with BT and we used the MAC Code LZSW2249431/FC26L which was supplied by yourself, BT have confirmed this was used in our order.
      I have informed them of what BT has told me that they did not use the MAC code and therefore are in breach of the rules. They lied to me! Perhaps they didn't think I would look in to it but the chap at BT gave me proof providing me with an eko order number sky provided so they can't deny it. Besides all this, it seems I am going to be left paying two providers up to 28thMay which is really not on.

I have told them that I wish to be reimbursed for payments to virgin as it is their fault according to both virgin and BT so I shall have to wait for their reply!
      What a mess!

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

If you don't get anywhere it might be worth contacting (if you haven;t already) both trading standards and citizens advice.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for that Alan, ofcom don't seem to want to know as they say
      I appreciate that you have approached us for help but Ofcom does not become involved in settling disputes that consumers have with their service providers.

Ofcom’s role is about encouraging the communications industry to take ownership in addressing and resolving these.
      They did mention Communications & Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS) for the purpose of ADR. I just feel at a loss at the moment and it is all getting out of hand.

Dancingdog tells me to ignore virgin but now it seems it isn't their fault and I don't want to be hounded about unpaid bills, especially now that I know it isn't their fault!

Exchange:
      Thanks

Sky have just replied to my email sent a week ago where I informed them that BT had stated that sky did not use the MAC code.
      This is just the first part of the email I sent:
      Dear Sir/madam,
      Since receiving your reply I have contacted BT and been in contact with the BT Marker removal team regarding this matter and they have confirmed to me that sky did not use the MAC code provided by ntlfreedom/virgin when the order was placed:
      EKO ORDER NO: 1-.......L. I have proof that you did not use the MAC code I provided from ntlfreedom, although you state otherwise - Sky only ceased the ntlfreedom/virgin line!
      This means that virgin was correct with their information and sky did not use the MAC code, therefore in breach of rules.
      After waiting a whole week for a reply they do not comment on any of my query, this is Sky's reply:

Sorry for the delay in replying to your message.
      As advised previously, our records indicate that your Broadband subscription was activated on 12 March 2007 using the MAC ......................
      As you were already with a Broadband provider when your order with Sky was placed, we used this MAC to allow us to take over as your service provider.
      Sky has been your Broadband provider since the above date which means your previous provider's tags were removed from your line
      As sky had previously told me that they had used the MAC code and even said that BT had confirmed this, they had nothing to say about the fact that BT had told me that sky did not use the MAC code.

Sending them an email was a total waste of time - they did not answer or refer to the issues in my email at all. Now if I get hasstle from virgin to pay up from28th March (when account should have closed) until May 28th no one wants to sort it out.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Well it is the 28th may and the day virgin told me would be the date my account would close. I have not heard anything from them as yet and hopefully they will leave it as it is - surely I would have received another bill by now, the one they sent for April (which I did not pay) and the final one for May!

I still stand by the account being closed when the 30 notice ended 28th March as whatever they have said since then I had phoned them to confirm that the account would be closed at that time. I shall have to wait and see, but no news is good news!

Exchange:
      Thanks

Spoke too soon! Today I have received a bill from virgin to be paid immediately for April (the one I did not pay) plus service period from May- 21 June the sum of £48.96! Last I spoke they said the account would close on 28th May as they stated that it had not closed after the first 30 day notice on 26th March which I still claim is the date the account closed!!

I shall have to send them a nice letter There is also no mention that the account is closed?! Arghh!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast