Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I want to downgrade to freesat ?

This is a discussion on I want to downgrade to freesat ? within the Freesat forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Originally Posted by Alpine Hi again. Do all remote controls work with all the sky boxes ? The remote controls ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,235 Times in 2,100 Posts

Re: I want to downgrade to freesat ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
      Hi again. Do all remote controls work with all the sky boxes ?
      The remote controls for a newer STB can be programmed to control the older STBs, but not the other way around.

i.e. The remote for the Sky+ HD STB can be configured to work with a Sky+ or Sky STB. The remote for the Sky+ STB will not work correctly with the Sky+ HD STB, but can be configured to work with the Sky STB.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

The short answer is no, it depends on how old the remote is. Have a look at this thread in the AV forums.
      Sky remotes - reprogram standard to operate Sky+ or HD and vice versa | AVForums.com - UK Online

I must say I was unable to program a standard remote to work with an HD box when my remote went toes up. Luckily I was able to borrow a Sky+ remote which did work.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Alpine is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Hi I am unsure what STB is. Is it a standard remote control for a standard non sky plus box. I have a unlabelled make of sky + box presently. The pace 330 is the one I wanted to buy off ebay with the non-subscription override part put in to this box so it records like an normal sky + box. I presume this is a newer remote than a Pace 330 although I cannot be sure. What I can say is inside the cover it says Sky rev.8 in exactly those words and numbers. Perhaps this is a version 8 and could be programmed with the pace 330 box as a remote control for it. I read your links and tried to understand the best I can. Sorry if I have not got it yet !

Sorry for my late reply perhaps going back to page 2 at the bottom in this thread would help since I asked the question about sky remotes there.

Thanks.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

STB = Set Top Box, a bit of a misnomer as no one nowadays would think of placing it on top of the TV set.

The Rev 8 remote will work with any Sky+ or HD box.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Alpine is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Oh great news thanks.

I was trying to ask this question on 'general computing and the internet' from the main topic forum page. No luck so far so I think I have posted it in the wrong one. This is what I am trying to figure now-

Hi as some of you know from other threads I was thinking of leaving sky and using eurosport player to watch tennis on line instead. It appears I have a problem. Eurosport player does not offer commentary on the tennis matches unless you watch it live. You can watch it as a recorded version they offer but no commentory.

Is there some software that would work with eurosport that I could test that would record the live stream. I asked another forum which dealt with recording and streaming but they are not answering. Might be I am saying something confusing.

These things often hinge on whether you stay with sky or not.

Thanks for all your help ! I will no doubt have solved it all soon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123