Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Channel 5

This is a discussion on Channel 5 within the Freesat forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I have a Sky box upstairs and paid a one off price to Sky for a viewing card, I used ...

DEEDEE is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Channel 5

I have a Sky box upstairs and paid a one off price to Sky for a viewing card, I used to get channel 5 but now its gone ??, also is this freesat or is that something totally different, does anyone have the frequency No for Channel 5

2. Advertisement
      nige1983 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MRDEN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Channel 5

Did you pay around 20? and you don't pay any monthly fee what so ever? If so this is free sat but obviously you should be recieving channel 5.

One way to try and resolve the issue would be to press the services button on your sky remote control and go down to system set up and press select. You will then come to another sreen where the top option is picture settings. At this point press 0 then 1 then select. This will take you to another sreen (the installer set up menu),. One of the options within there is new installation.. Scroll down to this and press select and then re-scan your channels.

Alternatively turn your sky box off completly and take you're viewing card out. Switch the box back on (with Viewing Crad out) and let it come an as normal. Once it has come back on press TV guide and select all channels, then put the viewing card in. If you're unsure on any of these just call Sky Free Sat customer services who will run through some trouble shooting with you.