Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

HD quality - Freesat compared with Sky

This is a discussion on HD quality - Freesat compared with Sky within the Freesat forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Originally Posted by Proppinupthebar The Sky man talked out of his backside. As has already been stated, the same data ...

Smartmart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01792
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: HD quality - Freesat compared with Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Proppinupthebar View Post
      The Sky man talked out of his backside. As has already been stated, the same data stream used for Freesat, is the same one Sky viewers get. Nobody, and I mean nobody currently broadcasts with 1080p.
      Thanks. You confirm what was in my mind. Research today also confirmed that nobody broadcasts in 1080p, so that brings matters up to date. I am sure that we would all soon know about it if Freesat were now transmitting in 1080p.

I am probably seeing the difference in the two tuners specific to this set up. No two tuners/televisions are exactly the same. Eyesight and spectacles are also variable. It is, indeed, difficult taking an objective view.

2. Advertisement
      Old_nick is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Be Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: HD quality - Freesat compared with Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Smartmart View Post
      Sky man called today and came up with some very good reasons for Freesat HD being better than via the Sky HD box..

Firstly, it should be known that the Panasonic set is the latest 1080p version with the integrated HD Tuner.

Apparently, the HD tuner in the Panasonic is a better quality tuner than in the Sky HD box and Freesat HD are giving out the 1080p signal. Sky, of course, only do the 1080i.

I certainly did not know about the 1080p from Freesat. Does anyone have a comment on this?
      Yes, it's rubbish. I have the very latest Panasonic Viera, and the Freesat tuner is 1080i. I do watch Sky in 1080p, but only by using an Isis SU20 to convert from 1080i to 1080p, and quite frankly, there is very little difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12