Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

sky+ HD subscriber with spare sky+ box...

This is a discussion on sky+ HD subscriber with spare sky+ box... within the Freesat forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi all... Im a skyHD+ subscriber im also a freesat user (for the TV upstairs using one of the spare ...

sparkz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMMOULT
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

sky+ HD subscriber with spare sky+ box...

Hi all...

Im a skyHD+ subscriber

im also a freesat user (for the TV upstairs using one of the spare channels on the quad LNB)

my question - I have a spare sky+ box currently going to waste (other half had it on another contract thats been canceled)

It would be usefull if be could use the sky+ box upstairs and as im already paying for the sky+ service for the HD box...is there any way (without paying more cash every month) that i can make use of the sky+ box?

cheers folks

S

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: sky+ HD subscriber with spare sky+ box...

You can use it for free to air but unless you take up multi-room you won't get all channels on it or the + services on the second box. Who said you are paying for it within the HD service? You are paying for your HD box and the services on that box.

Thanks

i ment as im sorta paying for the plus service on my account currently with the HD pack...if there was a way that that could be 'shared' on the old sky+ box too...

from what your saying it sounds as tho each sky+/Sky+HD box would require its own sky+ subsciption?

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Nope you are paying for the + service via the HD box, you are paying for the ability to stop, pause, record etc on the HD box. If you pay the extra for multiroom you get full service from the second box as it gets the same channel package as the HD and you get the pause etc facilities back on the standard box. Multiroom is an additional 10 per month.

Thanks

Hmm.....well for the extra tenner, ill stick to having one + service downstairs...

cheers again for the info

GSMGuy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: HD+ Multiroom
      Thanks

Personally, I think for 10 per month that multiroom is good value - HOWEVER I wish they would do Multiroom HD for 10 rather than try and charge 10 for multiroom and 10 for an additional HD sub too! I mean, we are paying to receive HD anyway, and normally another 10 is sufficient to extend this to another box, along with all channels AND Sky+ functionality - so WHY should we pay the 10 and an EXTRA 10 just to get multiroom in HD???

Come on Sky - Pull your bloody finger out - I am happy to pay a tenner for multiroom, which ordinarilay mirrors the services you receive on your primary box - BUT if I get a HD box in there, WHY should I have to pay an additional 10 to get the HD program service I already receive on my main HD BOX???? - It really stinks of a money grabbing, pi$$ taking RIP OFF!

Sort it out eh???

Lets make it simple - If you have Sky or Sky+, then you can pay an additional 10 per month (per box) to have the SAME services/channels/package supplied to another Sky box in another room - Hence the term "Multiroom"

HOWEVER - If you choose to subscribe to the premium SKY HD service on your main box, at an additional cost for the box, and then an additional HD" subscription - If you have a "multiroom" box, then the 10 subs for the multiroom covers the box to receive the SAME channel pack as your main box (even if this is a HD box) - - - So IF you choose to get a HD Box to replace your (10 per month) Sky/Sky+ box then - you would assume, that you could receive th same (HD) package as your main (HD) box for the additional 10 multiroom subscription than you are paying..... WRONG - Sky now want to charege you for your std Sky+ HD Pack, as per your subs - PLUS 10 for your multiroom box - PLUS 10 if that is a HD box.. Erm Helloooo?????
      Mike
      Last edited by GSMGuy; 29-12-09 at 02:39 AM.