Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Digital Breakup of BBC Channels

This is a discussion on Digital Breakup of BBC Channels within the Freesat forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi, I have Sky Freesat with a new card issued by Sky. For the last few days I have had ...

G4SXR is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01980
      Broadband ISP: sky freeview
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Digital Breakup of BBC Channels

Hi, I have Sky Freesat with a new card issued by Sky. For the last few days I have had digital Breakup of BBC channels which results in an error saying loss of satellite signal. When I check the signal is strong and locked. Is this a loss of the supply signal from BBC or an error with my box/card? Is anyone else having this problem. Can't check with neighbours as they do not have sky!

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      chingf0rd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bromley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Digital Breakup of BBC Channels

Hi,

Not sure if it is related - currently watching Top Gear on BBC2 - and it is breaking up intermittently - not to the point that it completely loses signal, but horribly juddery. All of the main BBC channels (SD only) are doing if - BBC1, BBC2, BBC3 and BBC4.

I have had Sky+HD for three years now and it was only since replacing the box for an unrelated problem that this has happened.

The strange thing is, is that prior to 8pm, James May Toy Story and the film on BBC2 were fine - it seemed to kick in at 8pm - this was also the case the previous night...any ideas anyone? BBC HD is fine though.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Digital Breakup of BBC Channels

lots of channels are doing it, I assume that the snow passing over the country is to blame.

I am having pretty bad break up but we are having a lot of snow at night here.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!