Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connecting a Sky + box and Freesat HD tv

This is a discussion on Connecting a Sky + box and Freesat HD tv within the Freesat forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi I have a quad LNB with two Sky+ boxes ( one live with a Sky sub for downstairs and ...

gondar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: sky +, freesat
      Thanks

Connecting a Sky + box and Freesat HD tv

Hi
      I have a quad LNB with two Sky+ boxes ( one live with a Sky sub for downstairs and one with no subscription upstairs) and a LG LF77 tv. I want to keep a permanent connection to my tv to access HD tv and my Sky + box with subscription intact so I can record programmes. Is there anyway to achieve without having to move wires around from upstairs to downstairs such as a switch? Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Connecting a Sky + box and Freesat HD tv

You can get switches but to be honest I wouldn't go this route, they can cause signal problems.

You would be better doing it right and getting an octo LNB for the dish and just run in the extra cable as required.

Here's a link to a switch if you do decide to do it that way:- Satellite LNB Switch-Freesat HD/Sky from 1 Dish Feed on eBay, also, Dishes, Satellite Cable Freeview, Consumer Electronics (end time 14-Jun-09 19:01:56 BST)

Also for an octo LNB:- Octo LNB For Sky Plus,Multiroom,HD,BBC/ITV Digital on eBay, also, Other Satellite Cable, Satellite Cable Freeview, Consumer Electronics (end time 15-Jun-09 23:27:26 BST)

gondar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Sky TV: sky +, freesat
      Thanks

Re: Connecting a Sky + box and Freesat HD tv

Thanks for that, will have to consider both options, but I think you are right about increasing the LNB capacity to 8.
      Thanks for your swift reply!