Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Missing Channels

This is a discussion on Missing Channels within the Freesat forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi, I have just moved into a property that already had a Satellite dish and cable, as my TV reception ...

essex-zx7r is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01255
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Missing Channels

Hi,

I have just moved into a property that already had a Satellite dish and cable, as my TV reception is very poor via my Aerial I decided to buy a cheap Pace sky box from eBay, When I plug this in I get the Free to Air channels as expected but have noticed that I am missing a number of basic channels such as Channel 4 and Five, I have gone into system setup and tried to add channels but this has made no difference, I also noticed that ITV1 is for a different area, (ITV West rather than ITV Anglia) any idea on how to fix this issues.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Missing Channels

To recieve the missing channels you need a de-activated Sky card installed in the box or a FreeSat card available from Sky for a one off payment of about 25 I think! which will allow you to get all free to air channels. The ITV region is programed into the box and will depend on where the box was originaly installed. Again I believe only Sky can change that. If you find out the frequency your regional channel transmits on you can manually add it as an additional channel within the menu under "other channels" but I believe you then have to enter the services menu every time you want to select that additional channel.

Sam Radford is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01439
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Missing Channels

The ITV region depends on the postcode of the last viewing card.
      CH4 (and FIVE?) can be added via your "ADD CHANNEL" menu. You'll have to look up the parameters, as Koala says.