Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

ITV 1 Scrambled

This is a discussion on ITV 1 Scrambled within the Freesat forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I've received various reports (from people using FTA receivers to watch UK televeison outside of the UK in France and ...

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

ITV 1 Scrambled

I've received various reports (from people using FTA receivers to watch UK televeison outside of the UK in France and Spain) that ITV1 was part scrambled on the evening of 16 June 2008. Sky boxes without cards were not effected. The following email was quoted:

received this email from ITV today:

Thank you for your email.
      The launch of Freesat has coincided with a contractual change in our transponder line up from SES Astra, this has resulted in one less 2D
      transponder being available for ITV services.

In order to manage overspill of ITV services into Europe as a result of this change a low level of Conditional Access encryption known as Automatic Entitlement will be applied to some ITV1 services.

Regards
      Duty Office - jh
      ITV Duty Office | ITV plc

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: ITV 1 Scrambled

Is the loss on an ITV channel that big a loss though. Ignoring the football that is on at the moment (and I haven't seen a full live game yet) I personally hardly watch anything on ITV apart from the local news in the evening and the odd detective drama, apart from that I can't really stand the channel.

Remember if you do want to watch ITV or the other ITV channels you can do so online at itv.com.