Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Like Tree10Likes

Simple tool for extracting the username and password from YOUR router.

This is a discussion on Simple tool for extracting the username and password from YOUR router. within the Extracting Sky Router passwords forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Originally Posted by marjohn56 OK, that's now fixed. I have replaced the original link with a new one. I've created ...

skyeci is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Zen VDSL 80/20 - ex sky fibre pro
      Router: ECI CAB - Zyxel vmg3925 (bridge mode) + i5 Qotom OPNSense with IPV6
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Simple tool for extracting the username and password from YOUR router.

Quote Originally Posted by marjohn56 View Post
      OK, that's now fixed. I have replaced the original link with a new one. I've created a propper installer this time and checked it all.
      well done. very nice. just re-installed the .net one from the top of the list and it works as it should

2. The Following User Says Thank You to skyeci For This Useful Post:

a1dutch (24-10-16)

3. Advertisement
      AshWilliams is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: SR102
      Thanks

I used the .NET method and everything looks like it successfully extracted some info but the info doesn't look right.

The password is only 2 characters long, the username only 4 (including a space and a smiley face icon?!). Option 61 also contains a smiley face icon and option 60 is just '!' '?' characters. Does this sound right?

I tried on my SR102 just using a LAN port and then again with the phone line cable removed but the result was the same.

I'm reluctant to use this info on my new Asus AC-RT86U router just yet as I don't want to keep rebooting and getting my connection speeds reduced.

marjohn56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cricklewood
      Broadband ISP: ZEN
      Router: Billion 8800NL(Modem Bridge) + OPNsense 21.7.a*
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2Tb+Mini
      Thanks

Nope, that's not the correct password etc it's an SR102, no WAN port on the SR102 per say.

Ok, here's what I think you need to do. The SR102 will by default try and connect via the built in modem first, when that fails it will then try the LAN ports. So, and if anyone knows how this works on the SR102 please jump in.

Switch off SR102, disconnect ADSL/VDSL cable. Make sure you have set a static address on your PC, reason for this is that on a 102 there's a DHCP server runming and DHCP requests from your PC will not help!

Once you've done that, connect the PC to one of the LAN ports on the SR102 and run the the Credentials extractor, turn on the SR102.

Now, there's one thing that might be causing a problem, I only allow one run of the detected DHCP token, if that isn't the correct one then that means it wont display. I have attached a version of the extractor to this message that just keeps running. Try it and let it run for a couple of minutes and see if the correct strings come up, you'll know it's correct when you see ********@skydsl.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eynirqr6u1...nstop.rar?dl=0
      --------------------------------------------------------
      Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to marjohn56 For This Useful Post:

AshWilliams (22-10-15)

skyeci is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Zen VDSL 80/20 - ex sky fibre pro
      Router: ECI CAB - Zyxel vmg3925 (bridge mode) + i5 Qotom OPNSense with IPV6
      Thanks

Hmm not sure whats up with that. Worked perfectly on my sr102. Compared the output and all was good.

Thanks

Suspect it's the way the SR102 is set up Choppersock. Just been reading some stuff about extracting username and password from a 102. As it shares it's LAN and WAN ports when not connected via ADSL it can do wierd things, might be an idea to turn offthe DHCP server in the 102 whilst getting the data.

The version I've linked there will keep on listening rather than exiting, so it should eventually display the correct data. What I've now done, and I've tested this on my Drayek too is to do a longer pattern match, so it now looks not only for the DHCP Cookie, it looks for the bytes after that and upto the option 61 identifier; then and only then will it decide it has found the correct data. This should stop it from displaying junk data as it appears to have done.

Oh well, even Microsoft and Apple have bugs in thier code.

Thanks

I have updated both versions of this program and updated the pdf document. The document now contains instructions on how to extract and use the programs if you have an SR102.

The programs have been updated to be more robust when searching for the pattern needed to identify the strings.

Programs and pdf are available in MSG #1 of this thread.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marjohn56 View Post
      I have updated both versions of this program and updated the pdf document. The document now contains instructions on how to extract and use the programs if you have an SR102.

The programs have been updated to be more robust when searching for the pattern needed to identify the strings.

Programs and pdf are available in MSG #1 of this thread.
      That's awesome, thanks. Will give it another go later.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Looks like it worked for me now, many thanks. I think it took about 45-60 secs.

Now just struggling to actually use the details on my new Asus RT-AC68U router with Tomato (Shibby) firmware (with HG612 BO modem).

Thanks

I have just posted updates to the files available in MSG #1 of this thread. The update should fix an anomaly with SR102's.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Stuck thread.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast