Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Put Username and Password into Dlink Router

This is a discussion on Put Username and Password into Dlink Router within the Extracting Sky Router passwords forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; It looks like you are syncing with the exchange but not with the Sky server or you would not see ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Put Username and Password into Dlink Router

It looks like you are syncing with the exchange but not with the Sky server or you would not see the speeds mentioned. Is there anything showing in the router Logs? It may show connection attempts failing. I am thinking it may be an exchange fault where your card is not handing over to the Sky server. I don't think another router is going to help, maybe a tie pair swap.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      thomo2710 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Put Username and Password into Dlink Router

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      It looks like you are syncing with the exchange but not with the Sky server or you would not see the speeds mentioned. Is there anything showing in the router Logs? It may show connection attempts failing. I am thinking it may be an exchange fault where your card is not handing over to the Sky server. I don't think another router is going to help, maybe a tie pair swap.
      Well last night i called Sky and said that i had tried a different router and the same behaviour occured.

She checked out the MAC of tmy friends router and confirmed there were no restrictions on it and it was active.

She passed it onto the next support level and said somebody will be in touch with either a resolution or an explanation of the problem within 72 hours.

I popped the old router back onto the line.

An hour after i called Sky i noticed my orange light completely dissapear. (as though somebody was doing a line test)
      Came back after couple of minutes, back to solid amber.

Went to bed around 11pm still amber

Woke this morning just before 7 to see a green light and the internet connected.

Checked the router stats and it connected just before midnight last night.

Same router, same filter and same cable as original so it deffo wasnt my equipment at fault.

just called Sky to ask what the problem was and the rep read through the account and said Support havnt even looked at the case yet!
      She has left it open just incase.

So as quick as it went off unexplained, it came back on unexplained.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12