Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree8Likes

Corona Tiers - The Ramblings

This is a discussion on Corona Tiers - The Ramblings within the Everyday Life forums, part of the Community channel category; Doesn't it all change fast? Last month we all went into lockdown and there were hints that University students would ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Corona Tiers - The Ramblings

Doesn't it all change fast? Last month we all went into lockdown and there were hints that University students would be allowed home. Someone dared to suggest that Santa would be able to visit, provided that he self-isolate in each country for two weeks before delivering any presents and the elves could end their furlough.

Come early December, the reins were off, Christmas shopping could proceed and some parts of the country were feeling like it was Summer '19 all over again. Yes you on the Isle of Wight, you know who you are!

Of course, some parts of the UK would be placed into another lockdown and others into careful measures, but finally, there was a glimmer of light...

Yes, a vaccine! Woohoo!!! Like a breath of fresh air (does anyone remember what that smells like?) a promise was made. Finally, a group of people whom apparently no one wanted in their adopted country, which no one wanted to be associated with, and manufactured in a country full of terrorists who are invading Europe, had confirmed that their vaccine works. Only it's got to be stored at an incredibly low temperature, transported through a customs area that's backing up 15+ miles already on both sides of the Dover Straits, and delivered through a needle too fine for the microchip that the Government wanted to deliver that they've opted for nanobots instead. This way they can control anyone who votes and get them all to put a cross by their name.

Of course, this vaccine will need to be repeated. Apparently, you'll need both male and female versions of the nanobots for them to be able to replicate. If you hear of a third call up, then you know that you received the non-binary nanobots and must proceed with caution.

In the meantime, the Cambridge boat race team has announced that Pfizer will be sponsoring them for next years race as both have a history of betting Oxford.

Yes, the team at Oxford has also delivered a vaccine that works. Currently, this is going through the approval stages and should be clear shortly after Christmas.

The news after the lockdown was that we'll all be able to travel across the UK, spend up to 5 days with our loved ones (up to three family groups though) and then return home. I don't know about you, but did you ever think that this was going to work? Lots of people I know have been discussing this and suggesting that the next lockdown will start in January... well how wrong they were! (more on that coming up...).

Anyway, Amazon, Hermes, DHL, TNT (where is that parcel they promised?), Yodel, DPD, Parcelforce and of course the Post Office, have all been busy delivering our Christmas shopping. All the Supermarkets are booked up solid next week and have been for months. Whether it's deliveries or Click and Collect, the slots are all full up.

Then it all changed...

The brown stuff hit the whirly thing in the sky!

Yep, more areas would be moved into Tier 3!

Nooooooo!!!!!

So, like many other parts of England who were already in Tier 3, the area where I am was told that from Saturday we too would be pushed into Tier 3.

Panic ensued in the streets. Plans for Christmas were examined. Then a warm fuzzy feeling started to occur as people realised that they could still travel all over the country and stay with friends/family for the 5 days over Christmas. WooHoo!!!

So Saturday morning arrives. A massive crowd descends upon the shops and all breaks out as people squeeze in their last chance to do some Christmas shopping! Yep, the anti-maskers, anti-vaxers and anyone who doesn't know the difference between 1" and 1m all descended on the shops.

I bet that they are glad they did it too! Un be known to them, things were a stirring in the darkened halls in Westminster, Senedd building, Holyrood and Stormont. Well, virtually at least. Their respective cabinets met and things were discussed. Apparently, they thought it was all over, but it is now... for the rest of us.

Yep, a new strain is spreading and a new Tier level has been created. Level 4.

Lockdown!

Arrrgghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

So as from today, we spent one day in Tier 3, only to be moved into Tier 4 until the end of the year... perhaps (no one, please, no one suggest that Tier 5 will be rolled out soon).

All those plans which had been made to spend time with family for 5 days... gone!

All those short holidays to sunny Cornwall (trust me, Cornwall isn't that sunny this time of the year but it is still very beautiful)... gone!

We're still allowed to stay in our support bubbles. However, the family can't travel hundreds of miles to see you.

So what did those in London do yesterday? Unpack and become resigned to staying at home for Christmas?

Nope.

Apparently, there was a massive exodus out of the capital to pastures green. They won't be staying there for Christmas. Apparently, there's an invisible illness which has mutated and no one wants to get it, so they've all left. When I say all, I mean those with second homes or family outside London whom they can stay with. Well, why not?

Yep, logic prevails. Since 43% of people who test positive (results from Icelandic study) don't show any symptoms but can pass it on, why not quickly disseminate this invisible virus around the rest of the UK before you can't move.

At the same time, no one is now allowed to spend 5 days with their extended families. I should point out here that whilst England, Scotland and Northern Ireland had set a limit of three families, Wales was set at two. All this would mean is that for any people in Wales who wanted to spend time with their extended family over Christmas, someone would have to quickly purchase a home in England. I know, cold shudders at the thought! How many true Welshmen would want to move into England! Yikes!

So now where I live, the pubs are closed once more. McD's have stopped serving breakfast before 11am, the shoe shop is closed again, along with the jewellery shop. Queues are forming outside the shops which are open, as others push past and ignore you.

I'm thinking of taking my monopod with me as it's 2m long and if I hit anyone with it, I'll claim that they were too close.

So if you haven't already done so, pop out to the shops today, grab some outdoor grade Christmas lights, wrap them around your trees and hedges and switch them on this afternoon. Why not illuminate the outside of your home, bring a little light to the world and then sit back, open a bottle of some kind and enjoy watching the TV?

Thoughts for the future... this is what you'll be doing next year to go shopping...

Please stay safe everyone. Don't take risks. I know that this has been going on for some time already and many of us are bored with it now, but we really must continue to stay safe, avoid spreading this virus and help others by not passing it on to them too.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

2. Advertisement
      FelixTCat is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: Tilehurst
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Corona Tiers - The Ramblings

Is it a coincidence that the infection rate rose when THEY started to inject something into people's bodies????? Did the Simply Awful Guesswork Everyday Committee need to prove their predictions right and help them on their way????

WE WANT ANSWERS!
      Annie UK likes this.

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Fab Fibre (Sky network)
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

“Omnishambles” springs to mind with every government U-turn! “Get a ruddy grip”...
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01267
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet
      Router: Whatever Plusnet supply
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

According to various news bulletins this, so called, mutated virus is in numerous countries, including Europe, already and was there, apparently, before it came to UK, if it ever did come to UK. According to a German virologist the figures being bandied around are not proven and are, essentially, panic tactics by various newspaper rags and politicians. he says that, and this has been echoed by bozo and his pals, that the jab is still as effective for the "new" virus as it is for the "old" virus. Lets be honest the bunch of clowns running this country and trying to control this virus couldn't organise a p**s up in a brewery. Hopefully, eventually, the clowns will get their fingers out of their, well yanno, and organise a huge shipment of the Oxford vaccine, which is, by far, the most viable vaccine in terms of it's portability,and get us all vaccinated. Then we can all get back living normally assuming that this is not some vile attempt by world governments to control us plebs even more. (just one of the conspiracy theories going round)
      speedyrite likes this.

FelixTCat is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: Tilehurst
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Wherever Governments or official bodies are concerned, and there is a decision as to whether something is a conspiracy or a ****-up, I have no doubt as to which is more likely.
      speedyrite likes this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FelixTCat View Post
      Is it a coincidence that the infection rate rose when THEY started to inject something into people's bodies????? Did the Simply Awful Guesswork Everyday Committee need to prove their predictions right and help them on their way????
      They must obey Bojo's orders. Anyone who has disagreed has been booted out.

One person who shamelessly messed up during the first lockdown has only recently been moved on after a huge pay rise to go with the move.

WE WANT ANSWERS!
      Yes, we all would like answers, but we won't get them. Personally there is something else I'd like, but apparently that might not be legal.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyrite View Post
      “Omnishambles” springs to mind with every government U-turn! “Get a ruddy grip”...
      I was suprised not to hear of any mass parties in Portsmouth and the surrounding area on Saturday night. Well, they've missed their chances now.

Quote Originally Posted by pete.i View Post
      According to various news bulletins this, so called, mutated virus is in numerous countries, including Europe, already and was there, apparently, before it came to UK, if it ever did come to UK. According to a German virologist the figures being bandied around are not proven and are, essentially, panic tactics by various newspaper rags and politicians. he says that, and this has been echoed by bozo and his pals, that the jab is still as effective for the "new" virus as it is for the "old" virus. Lets be honest the bunch of clowns running this country and trying to control this virus couldn't organise a p**s up in a brewery. Hopefully, eventually, the clowns will get their fingers out of their, well yanno, and organise a huge shipment of the Oxford vaccine, which is, by far, the most viable vaccine in terms of it's portability,and get us all vaccinated. Then we can all get back living normally assuming that this is not some vile attempt by world governments to control us plebs even more. (just one of the conspiracy theories going round)
      Now, why doesn't that surprise me? Ultimately what has been needed from before the fist lockdown are:

1. Reliable accurate testing, with the results, promptly advised to those who took the tests
      2. Mandatory testing for everyone in each area
      3. Mandatory masks for everyone when out in public. This needs to be applied for both indoors and outdoors
      4. Heavy fines for people who don't comply with wear a mask or are unable to wear one properly
      5. Steel capped boats to eject Bojo and his comrades
      6. Suitable law-enforcement with the ability to provide on-the-spot fines. This doesn't have to be the Police.
      7. Enforce a lockdown for a longer period for everyone. Leaving just those who need to go to work (i.e. food distribution or other critical services) allowed to travel
      8. Close all Schools until this is over. Stick to on-line education and ensure that those who don't have access to the Internet are catered for

Wherever Governments or official bodies are concerned, and there is a decision as to whether something is a conspiracy or a ****-up, I have no doubt as to which is more likely.
      There is a lot of people who believe that either this isn't real or that it's a bio-war. Ultimately the result is that we need to take this seriously. People are dying. Many are left with long-term health issues.

This virus has been in the UK for much longer than we have officially been told. A friend mentioned that she had the symptoms back in October '19 but no one knew then what it was. People at her place of work travel to China.
      speedyrite likes this.

pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01267
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet
      Router: Whatever Plusnet supply
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

Ah yes but but whilst bimbling round YouTube looking at the religeous nutters that have emerged from the woodwork going on about the "Christmas Star" otherwise known as the convergence of Jupiter and Saturn (ooppss said Venus) I read, more than once, that this virus had originated in America. That could well have been another of Trumps rantings though. Apparently he now hates America and most Americans.

Thanks

Ahhh... but if we had all done everything that (sorry, can't think of a nice word to put here) has said, then we'd all be dead already with Domestos hooked up via an intravenous drip months ago. Someone should have helped the religious nutters first.

Thankfully, in 29 days, 6 hours and 28 minutes, he'll be gone.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing him and M.P. getting dragged, kicking and screaming, out of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue on live TV.
      speedyrite likes this.

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Fab Fibre (Sky network)
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

yeah, a right ***-up!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pete.i View Post
      Ah yes but but whilst bimbling round YouTube looking at the religeous nutters that have emerged from the woodwork going on about the “Christmas Star”...
      going off on a slight tangent, I enjoyed this tweet by Stephen Fry yesterday and many of the similar contributions in the ensuing replies:

https://twitter.com/stephenfry/statu...55249214160901
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Virgin. Over 500mb.
      Router: Asus 3200
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

We got a call this morning to advise us that our grandson who lives with us has been exposed to Covid-19. One of his nursery workers was diagnosed on the last day of term. He now has to self-isolate for 10 days, but I find it incredible that the rest of us in the house do not have to. He is 3 tomorrow, I hope he does not become ill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast