Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree8Likes

Corona Tiers - The Ramblings

This is a discussion on Corona Tiers - The Ramblings within the Everyday Life forums, part of the Community channel category; I hope that your grandson and all the rest of your family remain well and have a very good Christmas. ...

FelixTCat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Tilehurst
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Corona Tiers - The Ramblings

I hope that your grandson and all the rest of your family remain well and have a very good Christmas. Isolation isn't all bad!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FelixTCat For This Useful Post:

dog-man (22-12-20)

3. Advertisement
      dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Virgin. Over 500mb.
      Router: Asus 3200
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Isolation doesn't bother me. I have always been a bit of a hermit. I am retired now, so spend much more time at home anyway.

pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01267
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet
      Router: Whatever Plusnet supply
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

Yep hope he gets well if he does succumb although apparently kids don't get it as bad as us clapped out oldfers LOL. He'll be okay. Merry Christmas everybody and a Happy New Year when ever it comes.
      dog-man likes this.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pete.i For This Useful Post:

dog-man (22-12-20)

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
      We got a call this morning to advise us that our grandson who lives with us has been exposed to Covid-19. One of his nursery workers was diagnosed on the last day of term. He now has to self-isolate for 10 days, but I find it incredible that the rest of us in the house do not have to. He is 3 tomorrow, I hope he does not become ill.
      Quote Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
      Isolation doesn't bother me. I have always been a bit of a hermit. I am retired now, so spend much more time at home anyway.
      I would go online and see if you can book a test for everyone in your household.

Through friends I know of a few people now who have become exposed to this virus.

The husband of one family I know was exposed at work. He ended up in the ICU, the rest of the family also suffered badly. This is not an easy "cold" for everyone. They are now all "fine" but a couple are still recovering from some after effects.

Apparently a negative test today doesn't mean that you'll be negative in 5 days time either. Some people are testing positive after 5 days.

So please stay safe and get tested if possible.

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Reading the criteria, they don't seem concerned if you're grandson has been exposed. He'll need to show symptoms first.
      Who can get a free test

You can only get a free NHS test if at least one of the following applies:

• you have a high temperature
      • you have a new, continuous cough
      • you’ve lost your sense of smell or taste or it’s changed
      • you’ve been asked to get a test by a local council
      • you’re taking part in a government pilot project
      • you’ve been asked to get a test to confirm a positive result

You can also get a test for someone you live with if they have symptoms.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

dog-man (22-12-20)

pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01267
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet
      Router: Whatever Plusnet supply
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Ahhh... but if we had all done everything that (sorry, can't think of a nice word to put here) has said, then we'd all be dead already with Domestos hooked up via an intravenous drip months ago. Someone should have helped the religious nutters first.

Thankfully, in 29 days, 6 hours and 28 minutes, he'll be gone.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing him and M.P. getting dragged, kicking and screaming, out of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue on live TV.
      Trouble is that trump and his barmy army of supporters have all gone ga ga. Trump's mental health deteriorates by the day. There is no knowing what he might do in the dying days of his office. He does want the military to step in and overturn the election by seizing the voting machines and enforcing a new vote. The military have said that they wont do that, so far. Then there is China. Trump is adamant that China pushed this virus out deliberately to start a bio-war, another one of the conspiracy theories. Trump, in his deranged state, could well try to start something before he leaves office. To my mind what COULD or MIGHT happen in America before Biden gets in is more frightening than covid.

To be honest I do not think Biden is the president for the USA but he has got rid of trump, hopefully. In the next four years assuming Biden lasts that long, I would like to see the Republicans and the Democrats get thier actsd together and come up with people to run the country that do it for the people of the United States of America and the country. Yeah yeah I know pigs might fly, we only have to look at the sad sad motley bunches that have come and gone over the last fifty years or so in our governments. BUT that is wehat government is all about in a democracy. The people put the clowns there and if the clowns do not do what the people want then the people should be able to get rid.

Okay my poloitical musings are over LOL. Have a very merry Christmas everybody and a Happy New and covid free New Year.
      dog-man and Scubbie like this.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Hello Pete.i,

The Democrats and Republicans get together?

That would be like asking UKIP (having swamped the Tories) and Labour working together. It ain't going to happen.

Too much of the US politics is down to people paying a politician to do something. Their voting is rigged (Google "gerrymandering") to encourage more Republicans to win. All too often individual politicians keep getting elected into the same seats as no one bothers to vote against them. Whilst our own "past the post" system favours the extremes, the US system virtually locks out anyone other than the Dems or Repub's.

Will Biden last 4 years? Hopefully, he'll last 8 years!! Kamala Harris looks to be a very good choice for Vie President. Sadly many Americans are extremely anti-women and anti-non white. Whether or not she does a good job and would be qualified to stand as President in her own right, it'll be a long time before someone like her would succeed.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12