Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Hope to go on birdwatchinh holiday in early 2015

This is a discussion on Hope to go on birdwatchinh holiday in early 2015 within the Everyday Life forums, part of the Community channel category; I hope to go on a Birdwatching holiday in early 2015 with my RSPB Local Group to North Wales as ...

Ian Thompson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hope to go on birdwatchinh holiday in early 2015

I hope to go on a Birdwatching holiday in early 2015 with my RSPB Local Group to North Wales as I live by myself, and I've made alot of friends in my Local Group. It will depend as well on the cost. The accommodation for the weeks holiday they have every year is always in a hotel.
      My RSPB Local Group are also going to have a long weekend in Lancashire in 2015, so they can visit the RSPB reserve, Leighton Moss which is a few miles inland from Morecambe Bay and is a very large reedbed. I probably will go on that trip as well. At Leighton Moss the very rare bird the breeds there which I viewed there with my father and mother back in the early 1970's
      My RSPB Local Group went on a weeks Birdwatching holiday to the Orkney Islands in April of this year, but it was quite expensive and unfortunately I had to decline to go on that trip. The Orkney Islands is an excellent place for viewing seabirds.
      If there are any RSPB members on these forums, I would encourage them to join an RSPB Local Group if their is one near to where they live in their area. It's good to meet people and make new friends who have the same interest and love of wild birds and other wildlife.
      Ian

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,224 Times in 2,093 Posts

Re: Hope to go on birdwatchinh holiday in early 2015

Hmmm... Sounds like you'll be enjoying it.

Obviously it's a little soon to know what the weather will be like, but I do hope that it won't be too wet.

Lots of time between now and then to save up some money and also to try out some new camera gear for the week.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms