Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Driving with no hands...

This is a discussion on Driving with no hands... within the Everyday Life forums, part of the Community channel category; A story which hit the news last week is that of a guy in Yorkshire getting caught driving without his ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,224 Times in 2,093 Posts

Driving with no hands...

A story which hit the news last week is that of a guy in Yorkshire getting caught driving without his hands on the steering wheel:

Obviously the judge decided that this isn't something to be encouraged and banned him from driving for 12 months (is that it?). Ok, he has 100 hours of community service to do, instead of a 6 month prison sentence (likely reduced to 2 months for good behaviour inside).

All it could have taken was a piece of rock or a stone and the car would have veered into the oncoming traffic. Anyone want to see the result of a car crashing into a wall at 120mph? (remember the oncoming traffic was also doing 60mph)

'No-hands' motorist video: Richard Newton of Whitby drove at 60mph steering with his KNEES - Mirror Online

I wonder what the Police would do if they came across this lovely young woman?

Quite a different story, but those 'turn knobs' were banned in the UK at one point. I don't know if they still are banned.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Driving with no hands...

That's interesting. I have a friend who is much the same, although she has hands they sprout out of her shoulder so she can't reach the steering wheel. She has a specially adapted car with knobs very like a model car controller with which she controls the car. Her mother was a victim of the Thalidomide scandal which hit many pregnant women in the 60s.

I notice the girl in the video had a very short right leg, I wonder if this was done surgically to make using her foot a bit easier?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,224 Times in 2,093 Posts

I haven't gone through all her different videos or any blogs she may have written, but I would not have thought that someone would have shortened her leg on purpose.

The potential for spinal damage due to her legs being a different length is quite high.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Seems she was born with a badly bent femur which the doctors wanted to cut off, but her mother refused, but I think she has had some sort of surgery on it as it does not look that bent. She is some girl and puts many to shame with her outlook on life.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.