Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree4Likes

Are people really this stupid

This is a discussion on Are people really this stupid within the Everyday Life forums, part of the Community channel category; At least its a real address - 1000 Wilshire Boulevard - The Wedbush Center at 1000 Wilshire, Los Angeles, CA ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Are people really this stupid

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I got this today...

Dear Friend,

I know that this mail will come to you as a surprise as we have never met before, but need not to worry as I am contacting you independently of my investigation and no one is informed of this communication. I need your urgent assistance in transferring the sum of $15,million immediately to your private account.The money has been here in our Bank lying dormant for years now without anybody coming for the claim of it.
      I want to release the money to you as his business partner, to our deceased customer (the account owner) who died a long with his supposed NEXT OF KIN since 31 January 2007. The Banking laws here does not allow such money to stay more than 13 years,because the money will be recalled to the Bank treasury account as unclaimed fund.
      By indicating your interest I will send you the full details on how the business will be executed.
      Please respond urgently and delete if you are not interested

Regards,
      Mr Hasib Fattah
      To good an offer to turn down
      "To help would be a great adventure"

Ned Ludd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Haxby
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet
      Router: TP-Link WR2543ND
      Sky TV: FreeSat
      Thanks

I seem to remember of one guy who responded to the Nigerian scam by asking for $50 to open a new account specially for the n millions he was promised. Apparently he got his $50 and the Nigerians never heard from him again.
      There again, it could have just been an urban myth.
      Geoff, York.
      Can't call me a Luddite now!

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

419 Eater - The largest scambaiting community on the planet! is a cracking site for scambaiting.

Its amazing what they have managed to get the scammers to do / make.

Welcome to the 419 Eater

Is a good example.
      SatDish likes this.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Do they never give up?

This is to intimate you of a very important information which will be of a great help to redeem you from all the difficulties you have been experiencing in getting your long over due payment due to excessive demand for money from you by both corrupt Bank officials and Courier Companies after which your fund remain unpaid to you.

I am Mr. BILL SCOTT a highly placed official of the International Monetary Fund (IMF). It may interest you to know that reports have reached our office by so many correspondences on the uneasy way which people like you are treated by Various Banks and Courier Companies Diplomat(s) across Europe to Africa and Asia London UK, and we have decided to put a STOP to that and that is why I was appointed to handle your transaction here in Nigeria.

All Governmental and Non-Governmental prostates, NGO's, Finance Companies, Banks, Security Companies and Diplomat(s) which have been in contact with you of late have been instructed to back-off from your transaction and you have been advised NOT to respond to them anymore since the IMF is now directly in charge of your payment. Your fund will be transferred to you directly from our source with immediate effect and we shall give you further details on how your fund will be released.

You can as well call me as soon as you send the e-mail so that you will be given an immediate response, I hope this is clear.

Any action contrary to this instruction is at your own risk. Respond to this e-mail on ( bill_scottllf@yahoo.dk ).

Regards,

Mr. BILL SCOTT

NOTE: You are advised to state the Names of Bank/Orginazations/Persons/Courier Companies/Lawyers that you have been in contact with in the past, so that we can have a quick access in tracking them down. As we are also working with the United States Secret Service Agents.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks

Any action contrary to this instruction is at your own risk. Respond to this e-mail on ( bill_scottllf@yahoo.dk ).
      Just to ensure you gets some replies I will repeat the email address bill_scottllf@yahoo.dk
      Hopefully it will be picked up by all the other scammers and spammers

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Attention Beneficiary,

Records show that you are among one of the individuals and organizations who are yet to receive their overdue payment from overseas which includes those of Lottery/Gambling,Contract and Inheritance. Through our Fraud Monitory Unit we have noticed that you have been transacting with some impostors and fraudsters who have been impersonating the likes of Prof. Soludo/Mr.Lamido Sanusi of the Central Bank Of Nigeria, Mr. Patrick Aziza, Bode Williams, Frank, Anderson, none officials of Oceanic Bank, Zenith Banks, Kelvin Young of HSBC, Ben of FedEx, Ibrahim Sule, Dr. Usman Shamsuddeen and some impostors claiming to be The Federal Bureau of Investigation.

The Cyber Crime Division of the FBI gathered information from the Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC) on how some people have lost outrageous sums of money to these impostors. As a result of this, we hereby advise you to stop communication with any one not referred to you by us. We have negotiated with the Federal Ministry of Finance that your payment totaling $5,900,000.00(Five Million Nine Hundred Thousand Dollars). will be released to you via a custom pin based ATM card with a maximum withdrawal limit of $15,000 a day which is powered by Visa Card and can be used anywhere in the world where you see a Visa Card Logo on the Automatic Teller Machine (ATM).

We guarantee receipt of your payment. This is as a result of the mandate from US Government to make sure all debts owed to citizens of American and also Asia and Europe which includes Inheritance, Contract, Gambling/Lottery etc are been cleared. Below are few list of tracking numbers you can track from Delivery Company website to confirm people like you who have received their payment successfully.

Name: GERALD D. WARNER FedEx Tracking number 875777537332 (FedEx: Shipping, Logistics Management and Supply Chain Management)

To redeem your funds, you are hereby advised to contact the ATM Card Center via email for their requirement to proceed and procure your Approval of Payment Warrant and Endorsement of your ATM Release Order on your behalf which will cost you $200 Usd only and nothing more as everything else has been taken care of by the Federal Government including taxes, custom paper and clearance duty so all you will ever need to pay is $200.00 only.

Lord Ruben (ATM Card Center Director)
      Central Bank of Nigeria
      Central Business District,
      Cad astral Zone, federal
      Capital Territory,
      Nigeria.
      ATM Card Center Director Lord Ruben
      Email: fbi25@yahoo.cn
      Phone: +234-813-112-1034

Do contact Lord Ruben of the ATM Card Center via his contact details above and furnish him with your details as listed below:

FULL NAMES: __________________________________
      DELIVERY ADDRESS FOR ATM CARD: __________________
      SEX: _______________
      DATE OF BIRTH: __________________
      TELEPHONE NUMBER: _____________________
      EMAIL ADDRESS: _____________________

On contacting him with your details your file would be updated and he will be sending you the payment information in which you will use in making payment of $200.00 via MoneyGram or Western Union Money Transfer for the procurement of your Approval of Payment Warrant and Endorsement of your ATM Release Order, after which the delivery of your ATM card will be effected to your designated home address without any further delay, extra fee.

ROBERT S. MUELLER,
      DIRECTOR
      FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
      UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
      WASHINGTON, D.C. 20535

Note: Disregard any email you get from any impostors or offices claiming to be in possession of your ATM card, you are hereby advice only to be in contact with Lord Ruben of the ATM card center who is the rightful person to deal with in regards to your payment and forward any emails you get from impostors to this office so we could act upon it immediately. Help stop cyber crime

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Dear Friend ,

How are you today? Hope all is well with you and your family? I hope this mail meets you in a perfect condition. You may not understand why this mail came to you. But if you do not remember me, you might have received an email from me in the past regarding a multi-million-dollar business proposal which we never concluded.

I am using this opportunity to inform you that the multi-million-dollar business has been concluded with another person who financed it to a logical conclusion. I thank you for you're great effort to our unfinished transfer of fund into your account due to one reason or the other best known to you.But I want to inform you that I have successfully transferred the fund out of the bank to my new partner's account in London that was capable of assisting me in this great venture.

Due to your effort, sincerity, courage and trustworthiness you showed during the course of the transaction I want to compensate you and show my gratitude to you with the sum of $850,000.00. I have left an international certified bank draft for you worth $850,000.00 cashable anywhere in the world.

My dear friend I will like you to contact my secretary: Mr.CHIKA ATELI, for the collection of this international certified bank draft. I have authorized him to release the international certified bank draft to you as soon as you contact him regarding this issue.

At the moment, I am very busy here because of the investment projects which myself and the new partner are having at hand. Please I will like you to acceptthis token with good faith as this is from the bottom of my heart. Also comply with Mr.CHIKA ATELI so that he will send the draft to you without any delay,

Contact him on the below contact information:
      EMAIL : chika_ateli11@yahoo.com.hk
      PHONE NUMBER: +234-813-424-5612

Therefore, you should send him your full Name and telephone number/your address where you want him to send the draft to you.

Thanks and God bless you and your family,hope to hear from you soon.
      Mrs.Jessica Wilfred.
      CONTACT MY SECRETARYchika_ateli11@yahoo.com.hk)

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

I think the cruelest ones are from those who steal your phone, laptop or tablet and hack your email account. From there they then send emails to all your contacts advising them that you have lost all your money or are in jail or have been kidnapped.

From there they milk your friends for as much money as they can send in order to get you out of trouble.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Thanks

Its funny how many of these scammers use the same phone number
      https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=23...ient=firefox-a

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12