Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Poll: Do you think that the show was biased in anyway to the BNP?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BNP on Question Time

This is a discussion on BNP on Question Time within the Everyday Life forums, part of the Community channel category; I was just wondering what everyone's views are on what happened last night. I for one do not support the ...

LiamMc03 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kneller Hall
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

BNP on Question Time

I was just wondering what everyone's views are on what happened last night.

I for one do not support the BNP, but I was disgusted how biased the show turned out to be. I was interested in hearing about current affairs, not how bad Nick Griffin is.

I guess I shouldn't have expected better from the BBC. If anything they've given the BNP more supporters. On their website, which I decided to visit earlier, they've already grown in numbers. It seems to me it's similar to what happened to Hitler. He was oppressed by such people and look where that got him. It prompted the people to pay more attention and listen to him.

I personally think the BBC have done more bad than good. It's like they secretly want the BNP to grow in numbers.

Anyway; what are your opinions?

2. Advertisement
      Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: BNP on Question Time

The problem for the BBC is that he (Nick Griffin) is now an elected MEP and as I understand it they invited him to appear on Question Time in the same way they invite members of the Green Party or other minority partys. The real problem is how he got elected in the first place and I blame the major partys, esspecialy New Labour who had assumed that their core vote would stick with them while they courted the middle classes. Well it looks like some of their core vote have found a new party to vote for

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I personally aint bothered by politics, although reading Twitter during and after it, was quite funny.

I believe he got absolutely shot to pieces and put in his place.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

I didnt watch it but from what I've heard every time he attempted to say something he was shouted down by the panel and the chair. Personally I dont support the BNP, however this country is supposed to be a democracy and as he was voted in he has a right to his say, which apparently he didnt get.
      Correct me if I've heard wrong.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dholdi View Post
      I didnt watch it but from what I've heard every time he attempted to say something he was shouted down by the panel and the chair. Personally I dont support the BNP, however this country is supposed to be a democracy and as he was voted in he has a right to his say, which apparently he didnt get.
      Correct me if I've heard wrong.
      That's exactly how I and many others view what happened. I think it was pathetic that they didn't follow the normal routine, it made them appear as commie bullies. I was really let down by them.

Fire & Brimstone is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Pollok
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

This would appear to be a new aspect to British politics for the majority of people that are not used to hearing such Fascist views, but they may have to get used to it. In the past Fascism was in British politics, although current access to various forms of media have made it more well known than in the past.

Nick Griffin has in my opinion unacceptable views, why should the panel or the audience give him an easy time? In a balanced view I have to say that control of the panel and the topics involved should have been handled better.

If you pop your head above the fence someone will take a pop at you.

In troubled times people look to find someone to blame for the problems that affect their lives. You can't blame the political parties if people choose to support BNP, they make their own decisions based on agreeing with what they consider like minded people.

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Whilst I wouldn't vote for the BNP, they are a legal party and elected MEPs. As such, they should appear on QT and should be afforded the same rights and treatment as any other political party.

To not do this would be discrimination...... pot calling kettle.

The more exposure the party gets, the more damage they do themselves. People aren't stupid and can make up there own minds. We don't need a nanny state 'protecting' us.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I have not voted for the simply reason I don't really understand the question.(Maybe I have watched Question Time too often) Do you mean was the program biased against the BNP or for the BNP?

I do think too much of the program was devoted to the BNP and its glorious fuhrer.

The only reason they have EMPs is because all the major parties had their fingers in the till and got caught. I am pretty sure that many who voted for them did it as a protest with no idea that the cross they put on the voting form would end up on their back.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Fire & Brimstone is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Pollok
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Does anyone remember Enoch Powel, Does anyone remember Nick Griffin was a leading member of the National Front (NF), does anyone remember Right Wing Extremism, Why are people thinking Right Wing equals New Labour Disillusioned, Why do people think BBC is "Commie"?????????

Personal Perspective - What we think isn't always right but moral judgement is normally near the mark. If it feels wrong it probably is!!!!!!

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well to be honest Enoch Pal, from my point of view, was not a racist. This is based on what I've read about him. I know you may not care of a sixteen year-olds view, but in my personal opinion I don't think he should have been kicked out. He was not a racist, he merely predicted what IS happening today. Whichever way you look at it.

I agree and don't agree with immigration. I really feel for many of the migrants that come from poor countries and will have their hands cut off etc. etc. for stealing a loaf of bread. Then again, I think it's sad that it's affecting other people as in the sense of accommodation etc. etc.

BBC NEWS | Politics | BNP support in poll sparks anger

I don't ever want the BNP to come to power, but I think that other parties should stop treating everyone as they're stupid and listen to what people have to say.

Fire & Brimstone; referring to your question on the BBC and why people consider them to be left-wing, I believe because they really do conform with namely what the government wants. When Blair was in power, he asked the BBC to "dumb down" the news and claimed people were interested more in celebrities than actual news. Every now and then it also seems to be biased in some shape or form.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast