Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Poll: Do you think that the show was biased in anyway to the BNP?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

BNP on Question Time

This is a discussion on BNP on Question Time within the Everyday Life forums, part of the Community channel category; LiamMc03, Fascism is nothing new, it started after the first world war, Enoch didn't just predict what would happen, he ...

Fire & Brimstone is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Pollok
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: BNP on Question Time

LiamMc03,

Fascism is nothing new, it started after the first world war, Enoch didn't just predict what would happen, he promoted his views, trying to instil fear into the people of that time.

People have different views of his life and that is the way it should be, people's opinions no matter their age should be heard and listened to. You cannot blame a countries problem on immigrants, this happens when people have grievances and need a focal point.

The BBC have been accused of various political allegiances over the years. If/when the Tories get in then at sometime the BBC will accused of being affiliated to them.

This is the circle of life.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Unfortunately the BBC have changed from an organisation which disseminates news to one who likes to make it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

canada16 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02920
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I agree with a lot nick griffin's views.

Yes we need to close the doors, brittain is overcrowded (very)

We are a soft touch, free health care, free housing, free lifetime dol

enough is enough.

But I am not racist, and I feel people should be free to live were they want, but its time to close the doors.

There is segrigation all around the world, and nick griffin has not brought anything new to the table.

Imagine me as a white guy living in gang area kingston jamaica, the locals would not like that too much.

LiamMc03 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kneller Hall
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fire & Brimstone View Post
      cannot blame a countries problem on immigrants, this happens when people have grievances and need a focal point.
      That's your opinion then, correct?

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by canada16 View Post
      I feel people should be free to live were they want, but its time to close the doors.
      You cannot just close the doors, what about the families of the people already living here, do their children not deserve to live with their parents or husbands with their wives etc?

The problem with Question Time was that it really addressed the only issue that Nick Griffin could debate about because it is the only policy that the BNP have. If it was treated like an ordinary Question Time then he would have had to discuss Health, Unemployment, Ressesion, Education and lots of other subjects that he couldn't practice and rehearse answers for, all of which he would have no doubt blamed on race or immigration.

He would very quickly have been found out to be completely useless at anything not to do with racial aggrevences and people would have never looked at him the same again.

This is where Question Time got it wrong, obviously people needed to address his racial views but not for the full programme a couple of questions regarding it would be fine, as it was, he got exactly what he wanted to speak his drivel to eight million viewers, some of whom cannot see where he has come from with his seedy links to the NF and other such extremist groups.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LiamMc03 View Post
      That's your opinion then, correct?
      This is my opinion:-

"People have different views of his life and that is the way it should be, people's opinions no matter their age should be heard and listened to. You cannot blame a countries problem on immigrants, this happens when people have grievances and need a focal point." Correct?

Immigrants are not to blame for a political system that cannot ensure a good standard of accommodation etc.

All politicians try to appeal to what they perceive to be the needs or fears of the people. People connect with those that speak out and make statements that they agree with.

That is how political parties have attracted supporters and will continue to do so.

Hopefully the situation with Nick Griffin will be resolved and that people will reject his beliefs. Although some will continue to believe him and that is their right to do so.

Tezcatlipoca is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Cambridge (EACAM)
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by canada16 View Post
      I agree with a lot nick griffin's views.

Yes we need to close the doors, brittain is overcrowded (very)

We are a soft touch, free health care, free housing, free lifetime dol

enough is enough.

But I am not racist, and I feel people should be free to live were they want, but its time to close the doors.

There is segrigation all around the world, and nick griffin has not brought anything new to the table.

Imagine me as a white guy living in gang area kingston jamaica, the locals would not like that too much.
      Overcrowded? Although London & the South East of England may have a high population density, other parts of the UK are almost empty in comparison. e.g. London actually has a higher population than the whole of Scotland, despite having a much smaller area.

Which of Griffin's views do you agree with? If it's just things like "controlling immigration", "leave the EU", & "deport all illegal immigrants", then the BNP are not the only party with those views (although they are the only racist one).

----------------------------------------------------
      ----------------------------------------------------

The whole point of the BNP, their raison d'etre, is to create an overwhelmingly white United Kingdom. It is their main constitutional commitment.

The BNP is committed to "stemming and reversing the tide of non-white immigration and to restoring, by legal changes, negotiation and consent, the overwhelmingly white makeup of the British population that existed in Britain prior to 1948."

The BNP also has a different definition of "immigrant" to most people, given that they consider non-white British Citizens to be "immigrants" & "racial foreigners" rather than British. It is BNP policy to offer non-white British Citizens "voluntary" repatriation "back" to their "lands of ethnic origin" should they ever (God forbid) come to power in the UK. This isn't "just" immigrants they want rid of, it's non-white people who are British in all eyes except the BNP's. People who are British Citizens, people who were born & raised here, people whose parents & even grandparents were born & raised here. But because they are the "wrong" colour, the BNP wants to send them off to a country they may well have never even set foot in or have any ties to.

As for what the BNP would do with anyone whose origin could not be determined? Griffin has said "Drop them out of a plane somewhere over Africa. I don't really care."

Yes, they may be a legal party (although they are being challenged over their racist membership policy), but the BNP are a nasty party. A whites-only party (unless they agree to change their constitution), which wants a whites-only UK. A party whose leader was convicted of inciting racial hatred, a leader who denied the Holocaust, a leader who has attended a conference with Don Black (ex-KKK leader & head of Stormfront) & David Duke (another former KKK leader). A party which would put someone up for election to the London Assembly with disgusting views about rape (his candidacy was withdrawn after the press got wind of it). A party which has an aide at the GLA who attended a conference with European neo-fascists. A party which has members & candidates for election such as these. A party with members with a rather nasty criminal history (and also here, and here).

And so on...........................

LiamMc03 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kneller Hall
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fire & Brimstone View Post
      This is my opinion:-

"People have different views of his life and that is the way it should be, people's opinions no matter their age should be heard and listened to. You cannot blame a countries problem on immigrants, this happens when people have grievances and need a focal point." Correct?

Immigrants are not to blame for a political system that cannot ensure a good standard of accommodation etc.

All politicians try to appeal to what they perceive to be the needs or fears of the people. People connect with those that speak out and make statements that they agree with.

That is how political parties have attracted supporters and will continue to do so.

Hopefully the situation with Nick Griffin will be resolved and that people will reject his beliefs. Although some will continue to believe him and that is their right to do so.
      Indeed, but do you agree with the BBC contacting "potential" audience members before the show was filmed and asking what they thought of the BNP's policies and asking what party they support? etc. etc.

I despise the BNP and 99.9% of what they represent/stand for. I've had countless debates with people my age on Xbox LIVE who support them. Normally they're unintelligent imps, who only like the BNP because their father has signed them up for a 'Family Membership'.

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post
      Overcrowded? Although London & the South East of England may have a high population density, other parts of the UK are almost empty in comparison. e.g. London actually has a higher population than the whole of Scotland, despite having a much smaller area.
      Matt, I agree with what you say here and dont want to stir up a hornets nest about this. But I think the term overcrowded was or is more applicable to the resources the country has available to the amount of people in it.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

All political programmes have always carried out audience election criteria for their programmes dependant upon the subject matter and panel members. Mr Griffen accepted the invitation knowing that the majority of the audience would not agree with his views.
      Let us not forget he was never attempting to change the views of the audience but to reach out to members of the British public who felt that he understood their concerns.
      Since 1980 Mr Griffen has been a part of the National Front and other organizations. He knew what he was letting himself in for and he probably discussed with his associates how to turn the outcome to his advantage.
      He was pilloried therefore he has made a formal complaint to the BBC, if he was allowed to preach his dogma then he would claim to have been accepted into mainstream politics. He was in a win-win situation so I do not have any sympathy for him. BBC would have been hammered both ways by the press and public no matter the outcome.
      The important part of this is that people are discussing the subject and hopefully making a statement that Fascism is not acceptable in Britain. Germany, France and Italy have Fascism as routine part of their political life, we need to deal with the subject matter and eventually all people will understand or at least acknowledge that it will not disappear and needs to be addressed.

We cannot ignore the issue as it will not go away so discussion will help educate and advise how dangerous BNP and Fascism can be, it is certainly not a panacea for all ills.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast