Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree2Likes
    • 1 Post By pete.i
    • 1 Post By wizard200

Price increase TV / BB / Phone

This is a discussion on Price increase TV / BB / Phone within the Entertainment forums, part of the Community channel category; Hello All, Just received My email regarding price increase on All my services around 6.00 the really annoying point is ...

wizard200 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gatwick
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max + Sky Talk
      Router: SkyQ Hub SR203UK + SkyQ Booster EE120
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2Tb + mini
      Thanks

Price increase TV / BB / Phone

Hello All,
      Just received My email regarding price increase on All my services
      around 6.00 the really annoying point is I only renewed my BB
      last Month after receiving an offer 5.00 which is now reduced to 2.00.
      Entertainment 2.00 why we still suffer repeats on every channel
      HD 1.00 why this should be the default system
      SkyQ 1.00 why a very good system but many faults

Sky's attitude 'Pay It or Lose It customer service answer
      !!!

' Any Comments' Other than the Obvious '
      !!!!

Just a Thought

2. Advertisement
      pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01267
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet
      Router: Whatever Plusnet supply
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

Re: Price increase TV / BB / Phone

Well I haven't had to put up with or pay for Sky's repeats for a number of years now. I still have their broadband and telephone but I am, seriously, considering changing. The problem is that all the providers are more or less the same. The prices do not vary greatly and it might be that I jump from the frying pan into the fire. TalkTalk seems to have improved, somewhat, in the last few years but their "unreliability" record still goes before them. BT is expensive for nothing different and Plusnet are part of BT. I can't get Virgin and all the rest are bit players IMO. So it looks like I will bite the bullet with Sky but I will admit that if we don't like a service of any kind the best way to make them conform is to vote with our feet. That aint gonna happen though.
      Scubbie likes this.

Thanks

Hello pete
      Unfortunately You are quite right they are All the same & with the Customer Base that Sky have they
      don't really care if you renew or not because customers are like 'Buses' there is always another one
      round the corner. I looked at all of the other providers & decided to stay with Sky after the 5 quid
      discount offer which lasted less than 2 weeks before the increase.
      I am able to get Virgin including the Ultrafast but the cost is way above Sky but like everyone the
      more of the services you take the cheaper it becomes.
      I think if it was left to Me I would chuck the lot but SWMBO must have Her Say .................
      !!!!!

Just a Thought...............

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wizard200 View Post
      I think if it was left to Me I would chuck the lot but SWMBO must have Her Say ................. !!!!!
      Good to see that you're behaving then

I haven't looked at the records of the others at the moment, but TalkTalk seriously caused some problems for a friend a few years ago when she switched to Sky. Foolishly she's since switched to Virgin and is having more issues. With TalkTalk they messed up in a nasty way. They didn't release her phone number for Sky and kept wanting to charge her for line rental despite no longer having a TalkTalk line. They knew that she'd left to Sky (all the correct procedures had been completed) but decided that they wanted to start referring this "debt" to the bailiffs if she didn't pay up NOW!

I helped and they eventually dropped it all. Cleared their "debt" and didn't offer much more than a simple apology. Disgusting.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Thanks

Hello Scubbie
      I did look at TalkTalk but heard so many horror stories I decided against , I have always been quite happy
      with Sky after a lifetime with BT whose prices just went haywire although I am told that BT have the best
      Hub available, Virgin were just stupid Price Wise & I have many friends with virgin & the horror stories
      with loss of service & bills are a nightmare.
      its Sky's TV pricing that annoys Me , HD should be default in 2020 surely I am not sure you can even buy
      a TV without HD nowadays but the amount of repeats of the same show (episode) on different channels
      every day & the same films over & over again, I do think that SkyQ is a very good system but it still has
      many problems & options you had with Sky+ HD are not available on Q .
      But Still I am Only Male & SWMBO states I am only capable of One Thing at a Time ...............
      !!!!!

Just a Thought ................
      ​!!!!!
      Last edited by wizard200; 05-03-20 at 09:59 AM. Reason: X Eyed
      Scubbie likes this.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Sadly the horror stories about TalkTalk are often true. Some companies are just there to take your money and provide minimal service. TalkTalk does provide above the minimum but I believe their attitude towards the customer base has always been to despise them.

As for BT, yes I agree. Their routers have always been the better of those supplied by ISPs. It offers good parental controls and a few other useful tools for the home environment that no one else (ISP wise) has ever offered. I've never been keen on them offering the built-in BT-Fon or other "free wireless" for other BT customers. When it was available for ADSL or ADSL2+ connections, there was a serious risk of your own bandwidth being affected when you tried to download or upload content. Without your knowledge, a passing stranger could be tapping into your connection and thus hampering your attempt to download a large file before you rush off somewhere with it.

As for BT's prices, I'm not sure about their current practices but I am aware of a terrible history where they've got customers on old contracts where the customers were being overcharged for a product that is now being sold more cheaply to new customers and when their initial 12 or 18-month contracts ran out, they would still be on a considerably cheaper plan than the old customer.

I have mentioned in this forum a long time ago why I left BT (phone line) and Eclipse (ISP). Essentially I was very happy with Eclipse but BT decided to seriously *upset* me. In the end, I needed to find a suitable ISP and Sky were offering the best choice at the time. Service-wise I've no regrets. The recent price changes are making me think twice. BT's call centres in India did not help the situation and their absolute mess in handling the situation skewered any chances of me wishing to deal with them ever again. I don't take well to being insulted on the phone by anyone.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

tarsins is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llanelli
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Q Hub SR203
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Been with Sky over 15 years, maybe 20, and I don't know if I'm especially lucky but I've always had the best service from them. Broadband has always been top-notch, currently in the 70mbs area and never throttled or limited in any way, extremely happy with the TV - Ultimate On Demand with Netflix is good value and I'm looking forward to Disney+.

Just wanted to put a positive spin on things.
      --
      Steve

Thanks

Hello tarsins
      I suppose if You are willing tto pay the ever increasing costs than good for You
      But I get really annoyed at the amount of repeats that keep appearing every day & the fact
      That the same shows & episode's are shown on different channels .
      I like Sky because it has good channels like Nat Geo wild, discovery, Smithsonian , fox,alibi
      Etc I don't have Netflix or Amazon Prime because I think I pay enough already & I don't think
      We should be paying extra for HD , I do like the Sky Q box although some bits of the Sky+HD
      Box are missing like the reminders tab people do not want to record everything , in fact I now
      Get more from catchup via download .
      Still We live in hope things will improve...........
      !!!!!!

Just a Thought..........Good Luck England !!!!!!!! PS I have been with sky since Day One
      Last edited by wizard200; 07-03-20 at 12:25 PM. Reason: X eyed