Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree3Likes

ITV set to become new broadcaster for racing

This is a discussion on ITV set to become new broadcaster for racing within the Entertainment forums, part of the Community channel category; Nothing new......

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,224 Times in 2,093 Posts

Re: ITV set to become new broadcaster for racing

Nothing new...

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Hmmm...

So whilst I appreciate your sentiments, the truth is that if humans don't have a need or desire for such animals, then they have no requirement to encourage them to breed. It they don't breed then the whole species will become extinct, with perhaps a handful kept in the local Zoo.
      I hardly think that horses need encouragement from humanity to breed - they're not pandas.
      Like any other species, all they need is a suitable environment to live in, which is the pandas problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Whilst the horses do not appreciate the aspect of betting, many do love to run. If they didn't then you would have to treat them by whipping and other brutal means. All this leaves scars, physical and mental. If that were the case then you'd see them very clearly.

This is simply unacceptable now and the whips used are actually very light.
      Hmm silly me, i forgot that if left to their own devices horses will choose to have big lumps of metal in their mouths & leather straps all over them.
      And carry something on their backs, yanking them this way & that whilst kicking them in the ribs.

The actual races are the only part of the 'sport' that the public gets to see.
      Seriously, no horse will choose to run to the point of exhaustion or risk breaking bones by jumping obstacles for fun & nor would one be persuaded to had it only ever known those whips & boot heels to be ticklish.

BurnIT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01827
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Strangely they DO enjoy it. Running that is. And many do enjoy carrying people.
      I don't ride, but I have lived around farms and racing/hunting for most of my life and I have seldom seem an unhappy horse.
      Scubbie likes this.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Strangely they DO enjoy it.
      I think that is borne out by the fact that many horses, after they have unseated their rider, continue to run and jump the obstacles. Quite a few riderless horses have 'won' the Grand National'. There are three horses in the field behind my house, harness racers actually. They very often, all three of them for no apparent reason, gallop at full speed across the field. These are harness racers, who are trained to trot, but obviously enjoy a full speed gallop every now and again.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

marjohn56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cricklewood
      Broadband ISP: ZEN
      Router: Billion 8800NL(Modem Bridge) + OPNsense 20.7.a*
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2Tb+Mini
      Thanks

Only times I have ridden a horse they had bit-less bridles, seems pretty common, and a gentle tap with the stirrup was all that was needed Maybe I was just lucky to get good horses, but they were certainly well looked after and their grooms loved them to bits.
      --------------------------------------------------------
      Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
      --------------------------------------------------------

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123