Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Like Tree1Likes

The Voice UK 'to leave the BBC' after fifth series

This is a discussion on The Voice UK 'to leave the BBC' after fifth series within the Entertainment forums, part of the Community channel category; Yes one invention that would go down well, the cleaning robots are great but do not touch the dust. but ...

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

Re: The Voice UK 'to leave the BBC' after fifth series

Yes one invention that would go down well, the cleaning robots are great but do not touch the dust. but less dust now as flat tvs or the sky box do not seem to attract much.

Don't get me wrong not any kind of minimalist and not a fan of hiding the kit all away behind the wall, but the tidier factor is pleasing.
      Do remember there used to be bulletin boards full of pics showing user photos of their mess or kit showing off under the tv, did contribute LOL.
      Under our tv is a soundbar, sky box and slingbox (slingbox hopefully replaced soon with new sky products) and the chromecast in the back of the TV.

The office has been our latest push and is also becoming bare. Soon we will be getting rid of the laptops and desktop (acts as a vmware server too and has been a media server, but mostly re job) and just having small mini pcs (like the kangaroo) for anything MS windows.
      Also used desktop as a server for weather station hobby, but that is completely cloud wifi now.
      Wanting to ditch the printer too, but its still useful to print some occasional pics to put in frames and labels, but luckily being wireless it can sit out the way.
      We do all our day to day on a plethora of tablets and smartphones now for work and play with a small dedicated multi-charging point.
      All books and bookcases now in charity shops, and all on our iPads.
      Been an excellent spring clean that is working well in our semi retirement.

2. Advertisement
      marjohn56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cricklewood
      Broadband ISP: ZEN
      Router: Billion 8800NL(Modem Bridge) + OPNsense 21.7.a*
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2Tb+Mini
      Thanks

Re: The Voice UK 'to leave the BBC' after fifth series

Quote Originally Posted by lettice View Post
      All books and bookcases now in charity shops, and all on our iPads..
      Oh Dear... SWMBO would have a heart attack at the very thought of getting rid of her books; I felt sorry for the guys who had to pack and move them when we last moved house, the next time will be far worse as there are 'n' years worth that have been added to the collection since then.

My late SIL, when she came to my now wifes appartment and met my wife for the first time, looked around and commented that you could know a person pretty well by the books they had on thier shelves, she was also a book collector.

As for me, I cannot remember the last book I bought, probably one at the airport somewhere. I don't keep them once I have read them, they stay behind for someone else to read.
      --------------------------------------------------------
      Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
      --------------------------------------------------------

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234