Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Amazon UK Prime Instant Video Users Get FREE Music Streaming

This is a discussion on Amazon UK Prime Instant Video Users Get FREE Music Streaming within the Entertainment forums, part of the Community channel category; Amazon UK Prime Instant Video Users Get FREE Music Streaming - ISPreview UK Online retailer Amazon UK has expanded their ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Amazon UK Prime Instant Video Users Get FREE Music Streaming

Amazon UK Prime Instant Video Users Get FREE Music Streaming - ISPreview UK
      Online retailer Amazon UK has expanded their existing unlimited TV and Movie streaming service by adding Prime Music at no extra cost, which gives the service a slight edge over rivals like NOW TV and Netflix that tend to focus more exclusively on video streaming.

Customers of Amazon Prime, which also includes a cheaper and faster delivery option for certain parcels, typically pay an annual £79 subscription fee and this also includes access to their Instant Video streaming service (formerly LOVEFiLM). A 30 day free trial is also available.

But for the same price subscribers will now also get unlimited, ad-free access to over one million songs, tens of thousands of albums and hundreds of Prime Playlists, which is likely to threaten a lot of rivals (e.g. Spotify).

Amazon Prime Music Description

Prime Music joins Unlimited One-Day Delivery, Prime Instant Video, and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library as a benefit available exclusively with your Prime membership.

Prime members can play Prime Music on compatible devices that support Amazon Music, including Fire phone, Fire Tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, iOS devices, Android smartphones and tablets (v.4.0 and above), PC, Mac, and the Amazon.co.uk website. On phones and tablets with the Amazon Music app installed, Prime members can also download Prime Music for offline playback. Downloaded Prime Music can only be accessed within the Amazon Music app and cannot be exported.

In terms of broadband, music streaming isn’t normally very bandwidth intensive and so this side of things will often function quite well on many slower connections. Never the less users might wish to still be careful, particularly if they’re streaming for long periods of time over a data capped mobile plan or roaming outside of the UK where excess use charges may skyrocket.

2. Advertisement
      mikelane is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Pinner
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q
      Thanks

Re: Amazon UK Prime Instant Video Users Get FREE Music Streaming

I joined Prime when they discounted the price to £59. The new music service seems excellent with many interesting Playlists to try.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

And they've now signed up the Top Gear trio for 3 series of a new motoring show.
      Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May sign for Amazon Prime - BBC News

Just a few snippets from the link:
      Former Top Gear hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have signed up to present a new show on Amazon's streaming video service.
      The trio will front three series of a new motoring programme for Amazon Prime, with the first season to be made available worldwide in 2016.

They will now make the unnamed new programme with former Top Gear executive producer Andy Wilman, who also quit the BBC following the "fracas".

In a statement from Amazon, Clarkson said: "I feel like I've climbed out of a biplane and into a spaceship."
      Hammond said: "Amazon? Oh yes. I have already been there. I got bitten by a bullet ant." And May added: "We have become part of the new age of smart TV. Ironic, isn't it?"

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

I am sure that the BBC's legal teams have already gone over their respective contracts and have been working out how they can mess up Amazon's plans.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      I am sure that the BBC's legal teams have already gone over their respective contracts and have been working out how they can mess up Amazon's plans.
      Personally i consider the whole Top Gear 'bye bye jeremy' phenomena to be a quite shrewd, sensible manoeuvre by the beeb.

If pressure from elsewhere dictates that the BBC needs to look after their interests / rights in a legal manner then so be it.

In comparison to another company blorting far more money than they really should on rights to show foreign teenage millionaire boys kissing each other in a field, i'd say the beeb's behaviour has been commendable throughout.

(Not that there is any evidence that the beeb is attempting to "mess up Amazon's plans").