Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

BT Sport launches Ultra HD package today

This is a discussion on BT Sport launches Ultra HD package today within the Entertainment forums, part of the Community channel category; BT Sport launches Ultra HD package and new Ultra HD set top box today Entertainment Ultra HD - £15 • ...

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

BT Sport launches Ultra HD package today

BT Sport launches Ultra HD package and new Ultra HD set top box today

Entertainment Ultra HD - £15
      • Free BT Sport Pack, in SD and HD
      • 47 Premium channels including 13 HD plus 9 kids channels
      • Plus BT Sport Ultra HD channel
      • Up to 80 Freeview channels
      • Catch up TV, for example, BBC iPlayer or 4oD
      • Buy or rent the latest movies on BT Store
      • 1TB UHD set top box with pause, rewind and record
      • Watch TV on the go with TV Everywhere
      • Up to £500 off an LG 4K UHD TV
      • Costs £15 a month
      To enjoy sport at its very best you'll need to sign up to our Ultra HD Entertainment Max pack for just £15 a month for 12 months.
      You'll also need to upgrade your current box for our brand new YouView+ Ultra HD box. It costs £49 and is exclusive to BT TV and comes with twice the amount of storage. Unfortunately, Netflix is currently unavailable on the new box.
      To watch sport in Ultra HD requires a compatible Ultra HD-ready TV, so when you upgrade to our Entertainment Max pack, we'll also offer you up to £500 off a new LG Ultra HD TV from the BT Shop.

Important things you should know
      £44 installation, £6.95 delivery and £49 box swap fee.
      1. Entertainment Ultra HD: available to existing BT TV customers with Infinity and sufficient line speed.
      12 month minimum term. £20 a month from month 13.
      You'll need a compatible Ultra HD TV and a YouView+ Ultra HD box to view Ultra HD content.
      If you stop your service in the first year we'll charge you up to £200 towards the cost of the box.
      Subject to availability. Terms apply.
      2. Save up to £500: 15% discount available to new BT TV Entertainment Ultra HD customers. Discount applies to Ultra HD TVs on the BT Shop discount offer page. One discount code per Ultra HD TV purchase. No cash alternative. Your discount code will be sent by email once we have accepted your order for BT TV Entertainment Ultra HD with a YouView+ Ultra HD box, and must be redeemed by the date on the voucher. The TVs on the BT Shop discount offer page may change. Subject to availability. Terms apply.
      Press release
      BT Sport webpage for Ultra HD info

I recently saw a demo of this.
      Not that impressed to be honest.
      You need to be so close to the TV to see the difference in quality that for me its strange/annoying.
      Last edited by lettice; 17-07-15 at 04:20 PM.

2. Advertisement
      dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: BT Sport launches Ultra HD package today

Quote Originally Posted by lettice View Post
      BT Sport launches Ultra HD package and new Ultra HD set top box today

Press release
      BT Sport webpage for Ultra HD info

I recently saw a demo of this.
      Not that impressed to be honest.
      You need to be so close to the TV to see the difference in quality that for me its strange/annoying.
      You need to view it on a larger screen. Minimum 50" in my opinion. I've not seen BT's offering but I have Netflix 4K and that can be very impressive.

BT are offering 4K via the internet thro' their new Humax based YouView box'

"It includes BTís new 1TB Ultra HD YouView+ set top box, giving 600 SD or 250 HD hours of storage and 47 premium channels including entertainment, documentary and lifestyle channels, with 13 in HD and the BT Sport Pack with all of the UEFA Champions League and Europeís first Ultra HD channel, all for £15 a month. It also comes with a voucher for up to £500 off an LG 4K UHD TV."

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

No mention of UHD recording capacity?
      Does it record UHD?

"Save up to £500: 15% discount available to new BT TV Entertainment Ultra HD customers. Discount applies to Ultra HD TVs on the BT Shop discount offer page."
      So you'd need to buy something like this to get £500 off.

I find BT's proposition a bit confusing. They pitch a very cheap tv package with very expensive tv offer.
      They need to go down the line of free box with the tv like Sky did very successfully for a few years but then Sky didn't launch with that either.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

Thanks

4K TV's aren't very expensive nowadays so £500 off makes them 'cheap'. However I agree the offer in the BT press release isn't that clear. I suspect that this is just a marker to signify BT are in the market first.

Thanks

It's interesting to note that BT will distribute 4K content by fibre and use an updated YouView box. At the same time Sky Deutschland has announced it will distribute 4K via Astra 19.2. This helps to explain why the UK terrestrial broadcasters (BBC/ITV/C4) declined to contribute to the further development of the YouView platform as proposed by BT and TalkTalk. I'm going to assume Sky will use satellite for 4K when they have any content to distribute - BT's purchase of the CL rights looks far sighted as UEFA will supply the 4K pictures and BT won't have to invest in production facilities. Not sure about PL.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

The article i read the other day regarding sky deutschland's 4k from astra 19.2 contained a fairly strong suggestion that satellite offers the best 4k quality.

Or should that be potentially...