Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Clarity ADSL Faceplate

This is a discussion on Clarity ADSL Faceplate within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; The faceplate they sell is the one we used to sell as the NTE-2005. Out of interest what made you ...

adslnation is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Headington, Oxford
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Clarity ADSL Faceplate

The faceplate they sell is the one we used to sell as the NTE-2005. Out of interest what made you go for that faceplate, it is an old model and a lot more expensive ?

2. Advertisement
      stephens is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adslnation View Post
      The faceplate they sell is the one we used to sell as the NTE-2005. Out of interest what made you go for that faceplate, it is an old model and a lot more expensive ?
      The faceplate they sell has been updated since you used to sell it hasn't it?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No, it is still the exact same model made by Pressac.

ay27 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Knebworth
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

All sorted recieved email then recieved product and all working great.
      Next question lol "wheres the best place to order cat6 cable"???
      Clarity state they only have white cat5e at present. Would like to try cat6 to see if I get any improvement as I feel im still losing some signal. My distance from exchange should allow me 13000kbps and only getting around 11000kbps.
      Well got to try

Thanks

I used the first link I came accross what model do you recomend in your collection "adslnation"

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

We used to sell the faceplate that Clarity sell called the NTE-2005 but replaced it with the XTE-2005. So, it was a genuine point of interest, I was just wondering what influenced your choice.

In your case it seems that you were unaware of the various alternatives. But I was interested if for example you thought that because the faceplate from clarity cost 16.38 vs 12.00 for a faceplate from us that somehow it was a higher quality product.

You see we used to sell the Pressac faceplate that Clarity sell but for 12. But the design is quite old now being the same as when ADSL was first introduced to the UK. Filter technology has moved on since then and customers were reporting that they got better results using our XF-1e filter in the test socket than they did with the Pressac faceplate. So we decided to manufacture a faceplate of our own with our XF-1e filter design built-in.

I wasn't trying to steer anyone to buy anything. I guess I was just interested in knowing why assuming you had come across the XTE-2005 you decided to pay an extra 4.38 for an older faceplate from clarity. I was trying to establish if there was something we were doing wrong in the way we present the XTE-2005 for example that convinced you to buy something else.
      adslnation

Thanks

I browsed your site today but couldnt find any cable im looking for cat6 STP or UTP what ever would be better with RJ11 male connection. I will be purchasing your faceplate in the near future if it works better as I want to get the most from my line.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

You will not see any difference between CAT6 and CAT5 as cat6 has more twists per meter to accommodate higher frequencies used in gigabit Ethernet. In fact you would see no difference between CAT3 and 6.
      adslnation

Draig is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sly anymore
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I wouldn't order anything from Clarity - they have taken my money, not delivered the goods, and ignored 4 emails I have sent to them.

Useless cowboys.

Draig is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sly anymore
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I just had to post this up on here.

To say I was annoyed at Clarity for failing to sort my order out is an understatement, but within an hour of my last email (like a 2am email sent and a 3am reply from the Director) well, read it for yourself. I simply fell out of the chair laughing, so while I am still annoyed at them, the reply was 10/10 from John, kudos to him, cracked me up, and the apology was appreciated. Clarity continue to show their very own brand of humour to customer service, it is a breath of fresh air, just wish they would take more staff on or something. Anyway....

My email to them (needless to say it was not edited):-

"Cancel this order and refund my money you useless bunch of cowboys. This is the fourth f***ing email I have had to send you, I have not had a single f***ing reply, and the goods have not been delivered.

Useless w***ers, refund immediately."

And the response from John :-

"Quite right.

Sorry nobody was able to get to cutting the cable for you. Even though we point out that special cable cuts may take a little longer than straight-through mail orders, I'd reasonably expect that to mean what, 7 working day to shipping? I make it 10 if shipped tomorrow, so undeniably poor. Even more sorry nobody was able to get some time out and write you about it. No good excuse I'm afraid, just a gigantic task list of work to get through here and clearly we've fallen on our arses in handling it. Too much for us to keep up with everything, and this was something that failed.
      No dodging the blame, just an apology.

I shall proceed to go and fornicate myself, my mother, and the bones of my old dead granny for you, although I refute that there are any useless w***ers involved with Clarity - actually plenty of very proficient ones.

Sorry this fell through, and sorry to let somebody down. I agree very much with your annoyance, obviously from a different angle though.

John

John Doyle
      Director & Operations
      Clarity"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12