Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

NTE5 faceplate blank?

This is a discussion on NTE5 faceplate blank? within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Evening lads. Just a few questions concerning my setup. I've ordered the Connect 8mb service and assume that there will ...

Godspeed is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: And Mart
      Broadband ISP: MID & Missing my Connect Ping
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

NTE5 faceplate blank?

Evening lads.

Just a few questions concerning my setup. I've ordered the Connect 8mb service and assume that there will be a settling down period to find the most the line will take. Therefore I want the best possible wiring from the start otherwise I might need them to remove any caps if I improve the setup in the future I take it!!???

My master box which appears to be a NTE5 comes into the house halfway up the stairs. However there is no socket on the faceplate just a blank plate. There is also one extension downstairs in the front room running from this master. After taking the faceplate off the master there is the usual test socket.

I take it I will be able to replace this with a adsl filtered plate like the nte-2005 or the XTE variant. Can someone enlighten me on the difference between the two?? They seem to be the same, although I have seen a few posts where people say the XTE is better.

My plan is to replace the master faceplate with a nte2005/xte and as the computer room is at the top of the stairs just run the modem cable out of the room tacked down the stairs to plug directly into the faceplate adsl socket.

Do both the nte2005 and the xte have the same rear connections for filtered and unfiltered extensions?? As long as I have the option to add a proper installed socket from the computer room to the inside of the master nte2005/xte then I will be happy.

Sorry for the questions on a first post, your time is appreciated.

Cheers

G

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: NTE5 faceplate blank?

assume that there will be a settling down period
      Yes - 10 days

I take it I will be able to replace this with a adsl filtered plate like the nte-2005 or the XTE variant
      Sounds like it - yes

As for the rest, someone more knowledgeable than me will answer I am sure.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Godspeed is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: And Mart
      Broadband ISP: MID & Missing my Connect Ping
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: NTE5 faceplate blank?

Thanks for the reply, found the answer to one of my questions in a sticky on this forum.

Think i'll go for the XTE-2005 - One thing I noticed though, the screw holes seem to be in diferent positions on the NTE-2005/XTE-2005.

The ones on the XTE-2005 seem to be where they are on my current nte2005 faceplate. The NTE-2005 seems as though they would'nt line up.

Or it might just be me!

EDIT : Just realised the way that the NTE-2005 sits on the original backbox with an overlap and longer screws - ignore the above!

Cheers again,

G
      Last edited by Godspeed; 23-01-07 at 10:11 PM.