Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Maplin Adsl Faceplate A94cq

This is a discussion on Maplin Adsl Faceplate A94cq within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Several weeks ago now, when visiting Maplin I saw and bought - I might regret this - their ADSL faceplate. ...

beethoven is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MRWAL (LLU since Oct06)
      Broadband ISP: connect billed as 17 - 12 = 5
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Maplin Adsl Faceplate A94cq

Several weeks ago now, when visiting Maplin I saw and bought - I might regret this - their ADSL faceplate. It has adsl filter and drops into the standard patten box hardwired straight to the two blue wires. It has adsl and phone sockets. This was before I saw the large amount of praise for the adslnation socket face which retains the BT "master socket". As far as I can determine from this site, the issue of removing the "master socket" being allowable or not seems unresolved.
      Is anyone else using the Maplin A94CQ and does it work?
      Other than CAT5 to the family computer, wireless to others, plugging the phones base station into the faceplate and a short cat5 to the Sky TV box (only two months since installation) all old phone wiring is now redundant. Current speeds are good.

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Hi Beethoven, the question you have to ask yourself, is when fitted did it make a difference for you?

My speed doubled when I changed my faceplate from adslnation, hence the praise.

I would like to confirm we get no kick backs / commission from Darren for appraising his products, we were just impressed and felt that our advice would help people.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Im trying to locate my fathers debit card... or else I would have ordered one ages ago lol!

Yes, These ADSL Filtered Faceplates have been praised many times, Not just with Sky or On these forums but with many!

siggy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: stechford
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Will a filtered faceplate filter out anything coming into the house from outside?Inother words if i flug into master socket with no internal wiring in house,would it improve noise level or not?

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      It will give improved filtering (compared to a standard plug in filter) for any telephony device or house-side wiring connected to it.

Whilst you may not have any phone extensions within the house, presumably you will be plugging in a phone and maybe your Sky box?

Whether the improvement is worth investing in is easily tested by comparing the mastersocket with phone/Sky box/router attached to the test socket (behind the NTE5 mastersocket faceplate) with just the router attached.