Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cabling question

This is a discussion on Cabling question within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Sorry me again Will it break my Sky contract if I use the stacker/destacker? And will the Sky installer use ...

mazza77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Media
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Cabling question

Sorry me again

Will it break my Sky contract if I use the stacker/destacker?
      And will the Sky installer use the stacker/destcker? (it is not very hard to install from what I saw , screw in the cable)?

Thank you all as I am about to place an order for the stacker/destacker

Mario

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

It won't break your contract.
      I would wait until after the install before ordering the stacker/destacker just to be sure that the installation is successful.
      If, as I suspect, the installer is not able to run the proper cables but is able to use the existing cable the Sky box will be set to single feed mode.
      It is an easy matter to change the Sky box back to dual feed mode using an option in the hidden system menu.
      Explain your intention of using a stacker and ask the installer to terminate both feeds from the dish with a type F connector to make the subsequent installation of the stacker a simple job. You will also require two short cables (or a twin cable) with type F connectors each end to connect the destacker to the Sky box. The engineer should be able to make these up for you.

mazza77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Media
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Ok so today I tried the pass thought wire method. It was a disaster as my builder didn't feed the cables as I asked them to do so so it was impossible to pull the cable and while i was trying the cable snapped off. .. So I had to use the shotgun cable around the skirting board ,didn't do a bad job. Sky has confirmed that the Sky box will not need a phone line but the Sky hub will so I will have to use purchase a telephone socket extension.

Thank you all for your help .. Lets hope sky is worth it

Mario

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mazza77 View Post
      Ok so today I tried the pass thought wire method. It was a disaster as my builder didn't feed the cables as I asked them to do so so it was impossible to pull the cable and while i was trying the cable snapped off. .. So I had to use the shotgun cable around the skirting board ,didn't do a bad job. Sky has confirmed that the Sky box will not need a phone line but the Sky hub will so I will have to use purchase a telephone socket extension.

Thank you all for your help .. Lets hope sky is worth it

Mario
      You are better leaving the Hub at the main socket then using ethernet to run the broadband connection to any additional devices so the broadband speed isn't reduced. The Sky box has wifi so it should connect to wifi anyway for on-demand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12