This is a discussion on Faceplate old! within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by SatDish i never had a master socket either i only had and old type box (68mm square ...
- 30-10-06, 01:52 PM #11
- 30-10-06, 02:17 PM #12Site FounderExchange: Gravesend, NDGRABroadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200Router: Non Sky RouterSky TV: Yes
a tiny bit my noise margine went up by 1.5 which did help with the drop in the evenings and it is a lot tidyer then having the microfilter dangling of the socket (which could get knocked/pulled out)
but no speed increase for me but i am 2.48Km away from the exchange.
Glenn"To help would be a great adventure"
- 30-10-06, 10:45 PM #13
According to the checker im 2.51 kilometres from the exchange but i cant get any other line stats from my routher as its a linksys one.
- 30-10-06, 10:47 PM #14Skyuser Serial SpammerExchange: RedditchBroadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* ProRouter: Sagem F@ST 2504Sky TV:
- Join Date
- Oct 2006
- Redditch, WestMidlands, England, UK
- Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
- Blog Entries
For 2.51km I dont think you would really notice a difference with a new socket!
- 31-10-06, 12:02 AM #15Site FounderExchange: Gravesend, NDGRABroadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200Router: Non Sky RouterSky TV: Yes
well if you dont mind spending £10 then get one if for only to tidy up the wiring"To help would be a great adventure"
- 31-10-06, 11:57 AM #16
Might have to give it a shot
- 31-10-06, 04:16 PM #17Site FounderExchange: Gravesend, NDGRABroadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200Router: Non Sky RouterSky TV: Yes
keep us informed of how it goes m8"To help would be a great adventure"
- 02-11-06, 08:51 AM #18
Ok will do going to get a new routher too Netgear me thinks
- 22-11-06, 11:45 PM #19
Ok people i have fitted a face plate and here are the results
Before Down UP
SNR 6.4 17.0
ATT 59.0 31.5
After Down UP
SNR 6.6 18.0
ATT 58.5 31.5
Need to re boot router but i an syncing higher than before
- 26-11-06, 05:24 PM #20
Careful, technically the NTE is the demarkation point of BT's domain, if you change the NTE yourself you a breaching BT's T&C's. If they find out you can be charged quite considerably. Last count it was close to £300.