Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree1Likes

1 Sky HD Box - 4 Room split via Coax / 2 SkyHD Boxes to 2 maybe 4 rooms?

This is a discussion on 1 Sky HD Box - 4 Room split via Coax / 2 SkyHD Boxes to 2 maybe 4 rooms? within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Meteosat Just don't give them the coaxial feeds though - those can really boost their metabolism ;-) ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Re: 1 Sky HD Box - 4 Room split via Coax / 2 SkyHD Boxes to 2 maybe 4 rooms?

Quote Originally Posted by Meteosat View Post
      Just don't give them the coaxial feeds though - those can really boost their metabolism ;-)
      Oh dear. Do you think that I should leave a glass of Port or Sherry out for them?

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      Meteosat is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Porthcawl (S.Wales)
      Broadband ISP: BT INFINITY
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Oh dear. Do you think that I should leave a glass of Port or Sherry out for them?
      Glass of port - is that the same as an optical input... 'Nuff of this frivolity!!

MartinP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Slingbox
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n1tul View Post
      Had a sparky in to rewire a house im renovating
      That may have been a bad idea. Electricians don't always have the necessary knowledge to install coaxial cable and, in my experience, will often install the cheapest they can find - which will be unsuitable for LNB signals. So you need to check exactly what cable has been installed.

n1tul is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Opening up the thread again, MartinP has a point I have now noticed that there seems to be different cables used in each room! Some thicker than others it seems but all copper inside rather than the cheap steel cables so might just be more aesthetics (I'm hoping!)

so new scenario, from my living room I want to run magic eye into one bedroom, to recap each room has coax Ariel cable runnin from loft to the rooms, so using the rf2 output I want to run the connection to the loft and down to a bedroom. I bought a 4 way distribution amplifier in case I needed it in the loft (friend recommended to get one as he has one) The wires in the wall are bare so I have tried some coax connectors as well as F connectors that come with the amplifier. The connection to the bedroom did not work, I checked the feeds were I could and it's loosing the connection somewhere. I tried with and without the amplifier connected and they use F connectors.

It seems the connections are hit and miss. Can anybody recommend what I should try? I've looked at crimping tools would crimping the connections be a better option to get the best connection through the house? I'm just using either male and femal coax ends or F connectors.

As the wires run from loft to room connections are need from the box to the living room wall then from the loft to each room (joining the two coax cables into one) from bedroom wall to the magic eye, I'm assuming this is a normal setup apart from the connection in the loft.

can anybody recommend brands and options I should try?

thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12