Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

ADSL Nation NTE-2005 Master face plate

This is a discussion on ADSL Nation NTE-2005 Master face plate within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Yeh. OK. Fair enough. Didnt mean to do your product down because it does make the wiring a lot tidier ...

psychocandy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: rhiwderin
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: ADSL Nation NTE-2005 Master face plate

Yeh. OK. Fair enough. Didnt mean to do your product down because it does make the wiring a lot tidier as well - so generally I'm happy that I bought one !!!!
      Last edited by Saturday; 13-07-07 at 12:12 PM.
      Every day when I wake up I thank the Lord I'm Welsh

2. Advertisement
      alex-k is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Peterborough Central
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

how much is installation of that new master face plate?
      I speak Russian / English / Lithuanian

gcatterall is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Holloway North
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

quick question for when replacing the faceplate with a new one (XTE2005) - before plugging the wires into the 2 and the 5 (or A and B) slots, is it better to remove the sheath and expose the copper wire underneath, or to leave covered?

My wires were covered when I took the BT faceplate off

thanks
      Last edited by gcatterall; 08-09-07 at 11:10 AM.

youravinalarrrf is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: MYBD
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Unlimited Broadband
      Router: Plusnet Hub Zero 2704n
      Thanks

Leave the wire covered. The IDC tool which you use to insert the wires pushes them past blades on the connector which cuts the sheathing making the contact.

gcatterall is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Holloway North
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Thanks

thanks for that - have done that and now fitted the XTE-2005 - have put the extension on the unfiltered circuits A & B. (my router is plugged directly into the master socket - but I left unfiltered as I sometimes have to use the router upstairs as the wireless signal drops out frequently. One of these days I'll cable it up, but haven't got round to that yet).

When using the test socket, noise margin is around 8-8.5db. Having fitted the new faceplate the noise margin is hovering around 7-7.2db, much the same as it was before fitting the plate. Line attenuation is 29db.

Anything I can do more to increase the noise margin as during the evening periods I was getting frequent dropouts?

thanks
      Last edited by gcatterall; 08-09-07 at 12:06 PM.

adslnation is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Headington, Oxford
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

By connecting your extension to the unfiltered terminals you are back to square one. The purpose of a filter is to remove the ADSL signal and the primary benefit of a faceplate is that you do that at the earliest opportunity so your ADSL signal does not have to pass over poor quality extension wiring where it is degraded. So at the moment it sounds as though your faceplate has nothing to do as you have your extension wiring connected to the unfiltered terminals, that is essentially the same as having them connected to the old faceplate.
      adslnation

mossmanfly is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adslnation View Post
      By connecting your extension to the unfiltered terminals you are back to square one. The purpose of a filter is to remove the ADSL signal and the primary benefit of a faceplate is that you do that at the earliest opportunity so your ADSL signal does not have to pass over poor quality extension wiring where it is degraded. So at the moment it sounds as though your faceplate has nothing to do as you have your extension wiring connected to the unfiltered terminals, that is essentially the same as having them connected to the old faceplate.

Sorry to sound thick and stupid, if I want just the ADSL signal coming from the master faceplate I should connect wires to only the phone side of the XTE faceplate and not the ADSL?

Basically im having issues with my new XTE, all down to me and the installation. I have the master socket with then 3 extenstions all with filters, I am now running a 10m modem cable from the XTE mastersocket to the router. I only need the ADSL connection on the XTE faceplate to be the connection for ADSL, all the other sockets can be fully filtered.

So my question is which wires should I plug into which sockets on the faceplate? From the sounds of it I need to connect just the 2 blue cables to 2 & 5, and leave the ADSL side of things alone, is this correct. Being stupid I forgot to see which cables connected where on the old faceplate, so its all been trial and error, with me getting the upstairs phones to be completely cut off etc.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

From the sounds of it I need to connect just the 2 blue cables to 2 & 5, and leave the ADSL side of things alone, is this correct.
      Yes
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Miracle_Boy66 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WSHAM
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Hi,

O.K. can I just clarify something. I have a standard NTE5 Master socket. I have only two wires connected to the IDC terninals on the NTE5 plate. These go to a phone extension in the main bedroom. (I think) the ringer wire is fitted, If I causes me any probs I'll take it off & fit a mater socket there too.

All other extensions come from the A & B terminals at the back of the NTE5 socket along with the wires from the drop cable. (yes, I know about the legalities of this but my mate works for BT so this should not be a problem)

Should I expect all the extensions from the A& B termainals be UN-filtered?

One goes to the SKY box, One to the spare bedroom where I've fitted an RJ11 socket & a phone socket (modular). This is where my router/PC will be located. This same line then runs up to the loft but has yet to be terminated up there.

I've got phillips DECT phones so I shouldn't need a ringer wire. Though the phone plugged into the master socket & the one on the main bedroom extension DOES need the ringer wire fitted to allow it to actually ring. All wiring has been done with CAT5e cable & proper IDC termaination tools etc.

Does anyone think It would be worth changing the master socket to the one sold by Clarity.it here:-

Clarity :: ADSL Filtering :: BT ADSL NTE5 Master Adaptors :: Modified BT NTE5 Master ADSL Adaptor

Thanks!!

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

ADSL Nation - XTE-2005 - Filtered Master Faceplate

^ that's the one most on here swear by (including myself) but they're pretty much the same so choice is yours!!...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)