Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Braodband speed drops everytime sky reset its..

This is a discussion on Braodband speed drops everytime sky reset its.. within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well i just spoken to sky,they said my line can only support upto 4MB,and has been set at 3.1MB or ...

GB619 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Christchurch dorset
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Braodband speed drops everytime sky reset its..

Well i just spoken to sky,they said my line can only support upto 4MB,and has been set at 3.1MB or i will get issues with disconnects etc,even though in the past it was running at 4.5MB for around a year,they have managed to increase my upload speed to only 608,even though in Feb thi year it wa running at 980,so ireally cant do anymore,i guess i will have to wait till someone decides to put fibre in my area,the annoying part about this is fibre is across the road from me on another housing complex,so thx for all the help....below are latest figures,only slightly better

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

They have put you on G.DMT which may be a bit more stable. With the noise margin you have in hand I would have thought they could have increased your upload a bit more.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

GB619 (10-04-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      They have put you on G.DMT which may be a bit more stable. With the noise margin you have in hand I would have thought they could have increased your upload a bit more.
      I dont know what G.DMT is,and they did my line twice while i was on the phone,and the results above are the best,im sorta fed up with ringing sky all the time,i will have to make do i suppose thanks for your replies

I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Virgin
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GB619 View Post
      I dont know what G.DMT is,and they did my line twice while i was on the phone,and the results above are the best,im sorta fed up with ringing sky all the time,i will have to make do i suppose thanks for your replies
      G.DMT is a different line code it's basically ADSL1, it tends to work much better for longer lines as it is more stable, as it Is less susceptible to interference.

The easy way to tell if you are on G.DMT is that both your upload and download sync can be evenly divided by 32.
      Links Router Stats Useful Tutorials Speed Test Check For Test Socket Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise

Results from http://www.speed.io (Copied on 2011-04-08 16:36:58)
      Download: 50000 Kbit/s Upload : 4361 kbit/s Connects : 2446 conn/min Ping: 21 ms

Thanks

Thanks again for all the info,my speed is what it is,so unless i move home which wont happen,i will make do with what speed i have got,hopefully fibre will arrive one day lol,so thanks all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12