Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

My Sky Broadband is Slowly Killing Me (Please help before its too late!)

This is a discussion on My Sky Broadband is Slowly Killing Me (Please help before its too late!) within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by pranavtulsian PS. What is the 'Sky Test' button when I go into my router? Whenever I press ...

fuzzy logic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: My Sky Broadband is Slowly Killing Me (Please help before its too late!)

Quote Originally Posted by pranavtulsian View Post
      PS. What is the 'Sky Test' button when I go into my router? Whenever I press it, a message comes up saying 'The Sky Test was unable to detect the Internet connection Error code:200".
      The test button makes the router attempt to connect with a username of "bt_test@startup_domain" and the password "cityhall". This test login no longer authenticates on Sky LLU (not sure if it ever did), although it should still work for Sky connect customers. On rare occasions it can be worth trying if your router won't establish a PPP connection after a reboot, as by trying a different login it may clear a stale session from sky's radius (authentication) server.

If you want to temporarily try g.dmt, the "target noise margin" tweak here Mel's Notes: Sky Netgear DG834GT-1skuk has an option to force g.dmt, but leave the noise margin adjustment at 100% so that the router re-syncs with its normal target margin.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fuzzy logic For This Useful Post:

pranavtulsian (06-04-11)

3. Advertisement
      pranavtulsian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01625
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I called them up and they increased the upload speed by a bit, to be honest I dont care about the upload speed that much so its fine.

When I told them to try G.DMT(ADSL1), they said 'They just can't change the line' and my current download speed is the highest my line can get at the moment.

System Up Time 00:52:18
      Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 24303 36467 0 1562 18247 00:39:58
      LAN 10M/100M 2607 0 0 188 0 00:52:15
      WLAN 11M/54M 46265 36465 0 16150 1831 00:52:07

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 4092 kbps 605 kbps
      Line Attenuation 51.5 db 32.2 db
      Noise Margin 7.4 db 14.3 db

I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Standard
      Sky TV: Virgin
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pranavtulsian View Post
      When I told them to try G.DMT(ADSL1), they said 'They just can't change the line' and my current download speed is the highest my line can get at the moment.
      They can change it from ADSL2+ to G.DMT.

They literally have to log into LAMA
      type in your number
      click on commissioned
      scroll down to the bottom
      click on suspend DLM
      scroll up
      click on change profile
      change line code to G.DMT
      chose a 7db SNR
      and then select the profile such as 6240/800
      click on save
      resume DLM

Might be a good idea to call again and hope that you don't get an idiot.

If you do ask them to go and find someone with lama and if needs be repeat the steps mentioned.
      Links Router Stats Useful Tutorials Speed Test Check For Test Socket Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise

Results from http://www.speed.io (Copied on 2011-04-08 16:36:58)
      Download: 50000 Kbit/s Upload : 4361 kbit/s Connects : 2446 conn/min Ping: 21 ms

6. The Following User Says Thank You to I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers For This Useful Post:

pranavtulsian (06-04-11)

Exchange:
      Thanks

They can't really argue much when you know exactly what they have to change.

If they say that they don't have access to LAMA get them to ask their TL to do it for them.
      Links Router Stats Useful Tutorials Speed Test Check For Test Socket Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise

Download: 50000 Kbit/s Upload : 4361 kbit/s Connects : 2446 conn/min Ping: 21 ms

GB619 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Christchurch dorset
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

I am having the same issues,i have sky BB unlimited,intially it started at 4.5MB,but over time i have had to phone sky up and get them to reset my speed as it drops to 2MB,each time they reset it they tell me my line can support a lower speed,im currently down to 3MB,and im worried that each time they reset it,it will drop even more,the speed was fine,and it was stable at 4.5MB in the past,i only have one fone socket and i have Sky+ box and router only plugged in,using a microfilter,im using a sagem router,as before the line noise is most important and mine is
      Noise Margin 7.2 db 16.0 db
      i have not loked inside face plate,but if i have 2,3 and 5 connected would it be ok to remove wire 3,any help please,i miss my 4.5MB connection

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GB619 View Post
      I am having the same issues,i have sky BB unlimited,intially it started at 4.5MB,but over time i have had to phone sky up and get them to reset my speed as it drops to 2MB,each time they reset it they tell me my line can support a lower speed,im currently down to 3MB,and im worried that each time they reset it,it will drop even more,the speed was fine,and it was stable at 4.5MB in the past,i only have one fone socket and i have Sky+ box and router only plugged in,using a microfilter,im using a sagem router,as before the line noise is most important and mine is
      Noise Margin 7.2 db 16.0 db
      i have not loked inside face plate,but if i have 2,3 and 5 connected would it be ok to remove wire 3,any help please,i miss my 4.5MB connection
      Best idea how be a to start a new thread

Start by posting your full router stats

Posting your stats from the test socket would also be. Good idea for comparison

GB619 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Christchurch dorset
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply have started a new thread

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234