Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Wires not connected to faceplate?

This is a discussion on Wires not connected to faceplate? within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hey y'all. I just bought the adsl nation filtered faceplate and went to fit it. To my surprise I found ...

reecicles is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Wires not connected to faceplate?

Hey y'all.

I just bought the adsl nation filtered faceplate and went to fit it. To my surprise I found that no wires were connected to the original faceplate. It was just put into the test socket.

The only wires here are a green on with small White stripes, a White one with small green stripes, a White one with smalle orange stripes. And an orange one.

My question is - if I were to wire these to my filtered faceplate would my line attenuation get better? Currently it's at 60db.

And I know this is pretty much useless information but I am 1.2km away from the exchange as the crow flies.

Or should I just stick the filtered faceplate in without messing with any wires?

Thanks in advance,
      Reece.

2. Advertisement
      Exdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSXXX
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Wires not connected to faceplate?

Wires should only be connected to the faceplate if you have extension sockets. I am taking you don't?

The faceplate is pretty much plug and play if you don't have extensions. Just push it in. Don't touch the main wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by reecicles View Post
      My question is - if I were to wire these to my filtered faceplate would my line attenuation get better? Currently it's at 60db.
      Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by reecicles View Post
      And I know this is pretty much useless information but I am 1.2km away from the exchange as the crow flies
      Plug your router into the test socket. If your attenuation doesn't improve, your line must not be taking the most ideal route to the exchange and would in fact be quite long.

reecicles is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Wires not connected to faceplate?

Cool, thanks .

Reece