Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Faceplate Info

This is a discussion on Faceplate Info within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi Thanks for that. But that's not the problem. Sky have not cancelled anything according to them that is. Broadband ...

Isadora is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01732
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Faceplate Info

Hi Thanks for that. But that's not the problem. Sky have not cancelled anything according to them that is. Broadband and TV are working fine. It's just the land line not working. So now waiting for an update from Sky as to when Open Reach are going to A. find the fault and B. repair it.

2. Advertisement
      Isadora is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01732
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Hi phone still not working. Have emailed Sky three times today tio try and find out when the Openreach engineer is either going to check the fault at the exchange or come here. No success with Sky. They keep telling me to use their technical support and make the checks to my phone and sockets as advised. I have done all of this three times. Have now tried to ring them from my mobile. First time could hear talking they couldn't hear me. Second time spoke to some one and then the phone went dead. Have tried again and got as far as being told I was in a queue and then phone dead again. I'm fed up with Sky as far as phone is concerned. As soon as my contract is up I shall consider going elsewhere. Can anyone advise how I can get Sky to answer my queries. Thanks

Exdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSXXX
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Hi guys,

My broadband was activated yesterday but my router is blank. It says no dsl connection. Rang sky got through to CST who wanted me to check the test socket. The test socket has no dial tone. I can physically see that it's not connected. The CST person put it down as a phone fault instead of a broadband one and said they would ring me in a few days with dates for the engineer and the charges bla bla.

So I was wandering the fact that the main line is not connected to the back of the socket but runs direct into the faceplate. Can that be a reason my broadband is not working? I would imagine that connecting the test socket would make no difference but the CST thought otherwise.

I've got old wiring with the brown, blue, orange and green colored wires. Currently I've got blue in terminal 2 of the faceplate and orange in terminal 5 of the faceplate and my phones are working fine.

Also when the engineer comes in should I leave my filtered faceplate on or take it out and put in the BT one?

Thanks guys

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

The main incoming wires, in your case blue and orange, should be connected to the A-B terminals on the rear plate, not the faceplate. Remove the other 2 screws and it will reveal the main terminals. Connect to these and you should have dial tone at the Test socket. It does not really matter what wire is connected to which terminal.

If the wires are not connected to the AB terminals that explains why your filtered plate does not work.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Thanks Isitme

I think I won't touch the rear plate because I am pretty sure I will still not get broadband. Just gonna wait for openreach to show up and do their thing. After all if the test socket is not wired. I can't be charged for it.

Had a phonecall from them in the evening:

BTO: Hello?
      Me: Hello!
      BTO: It's BT Openreach. Fault reported on your line. Describe it.
      Me: Test socket + broadband not working.
      BTO: Thanks, bye

Thanks

If you put the original faceplate back on, I think you will find that the phone and broadband work.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

I put on the original faceplate yesterday. Phone works fine. Still no signs of broadband. Tried various micro filters.

My router a netgear dg834gt just shows the power light. No other light comes on. Not even the wifi light. Is it possible that the adsl part of the router has died or something?

Thanks

Have you tried the router supplied by Sky? It is possible as it is a new line the ADSL has not been enabled yet, it can take up to 14 days in some cases.

Not even the wifi light.
      If the wireless is enabled in the settings and there is no light, then the router may be faulty. This has nothing to do with the ADSL, although you should have some sort of light showing in the i spot.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

This is the router that sky supplied 4ish years ago when I first signed up with sky. I've moved homes so haven't received a new router. The wifi settings are enabled but the wifi light is definitely off and so is wifi itself.

I've noticed you have a netgear dg834gt too. I know it's too much to ask for but if you can turn off your router, take out your dsl cable and then turn it on and comment on the light status. I will be very grateful.

I just want to know the status of the lights on the router panel when the router thinks the dsl cable is not connected (in my case connected but not active).

Thanks Isitme.

Thanks

I've noticed you have a netgear dg834gt too. I know it's too much to ask for but if you can turn off your router, take out your dsl cable and then turn it on and comment on the light status. I will be very grateful.
      No problem. With the ADSL unplugged, the Power, Wireless and the 2 ports I am using are lit. Connecting the ADSL turns the Orange (i) light on briefly, which then turns green when the connection is established..

I think it may be time for a new router, call Sky and tell them your problem, including the wireless light not being lit.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast