Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Help req. with Jn. Box and cable and wiring

This is a discussion on Help req. with Jn. Box and cable and wiring within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Absoultely, but I'd rather spend a few pounds more and know I'm getting something good enough to be installed by ...

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

Re: Help req. with Jn. Box and cable and wiring

Absoultely, but I'd rather spend a few pounds more and know I'm getting something good enough to be installed by BT...a little investment now saves a lot in the long run.

These are my views, of course...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

2. Advertisement
      RUNITDIRECT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

No one is saying there is next to no difference in performance(& never have), your post seemed to imply that BT stick with the UK designed/manufactued units for cost reasons which is simply not true. The cheaper filter we used to sell is NOT a clone of the BT NTE2005, it is a clone of the ADSL Nation XTE2005 (which electronically is exactly the same as the ones Tamar sell for half the price). The comment you disagreed with was :-

"BT Openreach still use the UK manufactured NTE2000 & NTE2005, we think there is a good reason behind that.... "

To expand, we have found the BT one performs better in the majority of installs, the build quality is much higher (we've never had a DOA Pressac unit-if you visit Pressac you will know why), aesthetically it's a much nicer unit.

By the way there are much more than two designs out there (Pressac & Austin Taylor have 3 between them), there is now a budget version of the XTE clone which is lacking lots of internal components so watch out!

At the end of the day it is personal choice of the end user as you say, you started a thread to which we have replied but you seemed to imply we only push the BT product because that is what we sell, we pushed the BT product just as hard when we sold the product identical to to the XTE2005 (only half the price) for the very reasons stated above.

& BT have continued to stick with Pressac for the new VDSL faceplates although they are manufactured in the far east by memory......
      run-IT-direct, For all your networking, ADSL & telecom requirements.

sanj is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: croydon
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

This discussion can become endlees, so I think we should stop it here. I got one of the cheaper ones at the moment. When I get the chance to use the bt nte2005 and I find it better then I'll say wholeheartedly that bt nte2005 is better and you are right.

RUNITDIRECT I admit that I was wrong to say that your cheaper version was clone of NTE2005. Actually it was adsl nation selling economy nte2005. This is the place I looked earlier (GSM guy's post)
      http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/cabli...reviews-5.html
      Last edited by sanj; 03-10-10 at 03:43 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123