Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Master Socket

This is a discussion on Master Socket within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; The 416 shows me that you have possibly been capped. Or it could possibly be to do with DLM but ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Master Socket

The 416 shows me that you have possibly been capped. Or it could possibly be to do with DLM but I am sure the tell tale sign of DLM is 412 not 416
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I think 416 is an indication of G.DMT, as was the previous figure of 576. As you say you should have a much better speed but it looks like 1600 is going to be as much as you will get. I would say your external wiring has a fault or is in very poor condition. Possibly aluminium in the circuit somewhere, this will cause the line to sync a lot lower than it would with pure copper.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Paul1360 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llantrisant
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Ok,
      Thank you all for your help and advice. Just have to wait and see what happens next.
      cheers
      paul

Thanks

Ha me and my hopes have just been busted wide open, I'm not sure if sky BB has lost the plot,
      Had a phone call back from sky today ( only a few days late ) person told me that the guy who told me i can have a higher speed was wrong and that I'm lucky to have 1600Kbps and that my line has been dropping all the time as it's unstable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I asked him to provide me with this information as it's not the same as the information I have, only to be told that all the speed testers and bandwidth meters don't do anything and mean nothing
      So I asked if he was going to lower my speed again, not at the moment but it seems unfair that other people around by me are not getting the speed I have so they will check again in the week and may drop it down
      Hang on I said so instead of putting their BB up you are going to drop me down!!!! Well he said that seems fair don't you think Ummm no I don't think it's fair

Thanks

Well I siad if your going to drop my speed again I just as well downgrade my current package, Well he said you could but you will be without out your BB for about 10 days as you would be treated as a new account and then you would be put on DLM to set your speed Wow hang thats rubbish, no it's not he said, are you going to send me a new router and IP address then??? Oh no you use the same as now. Well I said I think it's time to find a new ISP my friend I said, Oh hang on we have a problem at the moment and am not able to provide MAC code's, Is that right I say yes it is, Well am I lucky or not then as I all ready been given my code which is ok until 18th April, had the letter today so it's not a problem.
      Oh umm maybe I can look at it again and see if something can be sorted out as we don't want to lose you as you have been a valuable customer to sky. Don't look like i said bye
      Paul

time to look at a move now

Thanks

I think you are right. You are being treated shabbily, lied too and being fobbed off. You are fortunate that you have O2 enabled on your exchange, so they should be your first consideration. I would contact them and see what they can do for you. They seem to be able to handle lines better than Sky. Have a look at O2User for a taster.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Isitme,
      your right fobbed off, just can't understand why 1 guy says something and then only to be told he was wrong, also not the way to treat a "valuable customer" what a joke. Am looking at o2 and with that I can halve my cost as I'm with o2 for my mobile.
      Can some1 please close out this thread
      cheers
      Paul

Thanks

Let's keep your thread open and you can update us about how you get on.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

Ok,
      Sorry didn't think about that. Just checked have been move from 1600kbps to 1024kbps
      Paul

Thanks

Just a little update, Just had a phone call from Sky with regard to talking to CST yesterday and asking me to grade the service I recieved.
      Paul

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast