Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Caller ID problem

This is a discussion on Caller ID problem within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Earlier today i took the faceplate off to gain access to the test socket...after it put it all back together ...

rharris118 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Conisbrough - 01709
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Caller ID problem

Earlier today i took the faceplate off to gain access to the test socket...after it put it all back together properly...but since then, caller ID has stopped working on the phone displays, BUT it is working on the caller ID device we have...could I have done something? :S

2. Advertisement
      macbeth is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Caller ID problem

If it a cordless phone you have issue with, you might just need to reset the cordless phone as you say that you have other devices that show the number(s). To reset cordless phone removed phone cable from phone socket, switch of at mains power supply inc additional changers units , remove all batteries from all handset(s) for a minimum of 20 seconds before replacing all batteries back in handset(s), plug power in and switch on, then plug phone cable back in. Let me know if you have it working again. If not Is cordless phone and caller ID device plug into same or different phone sockets.

The other thing is it might all not be set back up right from being plug into test socket. If you got broadband are they all devices need to be plug into a mircofilter, just make sure mirco filter first thing plug into phone scoket (easy done) before anything else is plug in, or last thing I can say at moment is to replace mircofilter if you have broadband.