Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Line Sync Speed Confusion

This is a discussion on Line Sync Speed Confusion within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hey all, this is my first post on these forums so please bear with me if I'm a little slow! ...

HaMMuS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: York
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Line Sync Speed Confusion

Hey all, this is my first post on these forums so please bear with me if I'm a little slow!

I got Sky's MID BB package not long ago, which was activated on the 15th Dec so i should be out of the line trial period by now. This morning I noticed my V2 router was only syncing at 4091kbps with downstream atten. of 35dB, and noise margin of 14dB.
      I then opened up the phone socket and removed the bell wires, and my line stats have now improved to atten. of 35dB and noise margin of 24dB, however the sync is still at 4091kbps even after multiple restarts of the router.

The new noise margin indicates i should be able to get a higher sync, but the router doesn't seem to want to go any higher, do i need to wait for sky's end to resync or am i now being capped at a lower speed?

Also i have an second phone line upstairs which used to be used for BB which would sync at 6-8mbps, if that makes any difference.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mikey

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Line Sync Speed Confusion

Ring tech support, tell them you had an issue with the line which is now fixed and need to be troubleshot for speed and config/ slow speed. Make sure you are on the test socket if you have one or the main socket with a new filter and nothing other than the router and phone plugged in when you make the call. CST can then look at the line stats and adjust for you.