Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Faulty faceplate?

This is a discussion on Faulty faceplate? within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by RUNITDIRECT So your running a hard wired extension from the faceplate to an extension socket for your ...

vrc
      vrc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Faulty faceplate?

Quote Originally Posted by RUNITDIRECT View Post
      So your running a hard wired extension from the faceplate to an extension socket for your router? You should ideally terminate this wire to an RJ11 socket(or RJ45). The center pair of an RJ11 cable is what terminates to the A & B unfiltered pins if you are running a cable that is terminated with an RJ11 plug at one end(to plug into your router). Make sense?
      Well...not really to me at least (sorry I'm not very experienced in these matters) , but I did set up the new faceplate and I am pleased to say everything works fine. However I've got the dreaded DLM on my line at the moment and I have contacted Sky to increase my speed manually.

2. Advertisement
      vrc
      vrc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Faulty faceplate?

Right, after a lengthy (40min) conversation with customer services, the nice but slightly dim-witted lady uncapped my connection to what it "should be": a pleasantly surprising 14.5mbps. And then I looked at the sync speed on the extension socket...3mbps! So I connected it to the master (with the brand new faceplate) and once again it was 3mbps! The test socket result when connected came in at only 7mbps. What is going on!?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123