Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Installation

This is a discussion on Sky Installation within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi guys, sorry I didn't know where else to put this. I have just moved into a new house. The ...

adenewton1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Sky Installation

Hi guys,

sorry I didn't know where else to put this.

I have just moved into a new house.

The former owner had Virgin Media, but there is also a BT socket in the house, but it's in the first floor box bedroom.

If i want this moving to downstairs for the Sky install, do i have to get BT in first to do this, or is this something the Sky enginners themselves can do during install?

Also I want another Bt socket put on the upstairs landing for the broadband router to sit on so it's sitting upstairs and can give out a better wireless signal to the whole house.

Again, do I need BT to do this beforehand or can Sky do this?

Also, do you think it would be better having it the other way around so that the broadband is going through the master? I.e. master put on the upstairs landing and another socket put downstairs for the sky box, as I assume the sky box doesn't need to be connected to a master.
      Last edited by adenewton1; 20-05-08 at 04:48 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Monday is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWHAY
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Sky Installation

Also, do you think it would be better having it the other way around so that the broadband is going through the master? I.e. master put on the upstairs landing and another socket put downstairs for the sky box, as I assume the sky box doesn't need to be connected to a master.
      Yes that would be a lot better than putting it through an extension

I'f i'm right then you can move your BT master socket but you just cant touch any of the wiring.

richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Sky Installation

are you sure the socket in the bedroom in the master ? i only ask as when i moved into my house the previous owner also had virgin / NTL and they also had a phone socket in the bedroom (but it was not the master).

follow the line where it comes in from out side and the first socket wil be the master (should be a NTE5 like the first link in my sig, or will have the extra bits on if its not a new stlye NTE5 one)