Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

changing a face plate

This is a discussion on changing a face plate within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, Sorry if this question has been asked before but I was unable to find it. I have just had ...

fizlar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

changing a face plate

Hi,

Sorry if this question has been asked before but I was unable to find it.
      I have just had sky+ installed. However, I live in a flat and the face plate only has one socket for sat. The installer said I could change the plate but was wondering is that possible.

How easy is it?

Should I get someone to do it for me? could anyone tell me the cost of recommend someone?

Cheers for reading

Kind regards

f

2. Advertisement
      Ratcliffes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: changing a face plate

Unfortunately it isn't as easy as just changing the faceplate - For Sky+ you need two feeds from a satellite dish and the chances are that if your flat was built relatively recently (say in the last 5 -10 years) they may only have provided one feed from a shared dish. In order to get a second feed for Sky+ you will not only need a new faceplate but a second cable will need to be run from the communal system. Basically you will need to contact the management company who look after your block (and all of the communal equipment) but beware, it might not be cheap.

In the meantime it should be possible to continue to use Sky+ but you won't be able to record a program while you watch another.