Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

One TV, two RF2 feeds?

This is a discussion on One TV, two RF2 feeds? within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, How can I get a single TV to be fed by two SKY+ RF2 feeds? I'm assuming they ...

iKennett is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

One TV, two RF2 feeds?

Hi all,

How can I get a single TV to be fed by two SKY+ RF2 feeds?

I'm assuming they both can't be on at the same time but I don't mind manually switching them......any ideas?

PS: Both SKY+ boxes are in the sam location and one is already feeding the TV upstairs successfully and can be controlled by the magic eye.

Cheers,

- iKennett

2. Advertisement
      Ratcliffes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: One TV, two RF2 feeds?

You can combine two RF2 feeds provided the RF output from both Sky boxes is set to different channels. To do this you need to go into the Sky+ installers menu which is hidden. Google for "Sky+ Hidden Installer's menu" if you don't know how to do this.

If you want to retain magic eye compatibility you need a Global Plus Combiner - See Plus Combiner

The issue with this one is that magic eye inputs will try to control both sky boxes simultaneously. Only a problem if you have someone else watching the second box when you use a magic eye to change the channel on the first. If this is an issue you need one of these SPC4 which will allow you to specify which remote controls which sky box provided you have version 8 remotes or better.

iKennett is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

How do i get around the remote downstairs controlling both SKY+ boxes, to change one i'll be pointing the remote at both.

Ratcliffes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If what you are saying is that both boxes are next to each other below your telly then obviously when you point your remote at both of them,you will change channels on both.

The answer depends on whether you want to retain control of both of them from downstairs. If not just then tape over the IR eye on the box you don't want to control. If you do want to retain control of both boxes then it is a bit more involved/costly. What you need is the SPC combiner (see link in earlier post) and to tape over the IR eyes on the front of both sky boxes. You will then need two magic eyes, one for each box connected to the RF2 outputs via the SPC combiner. You with then need an extra sky remote, one of which will work box 1 and the other can be used for box 2. The combiner works out which is which and sends the control signal to the box associated with each remote.