Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Rewiring

This is a discussion on Rewiring within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello, I've already bought the XTE-2005 Master Faceplate but have used it on one of my extensions. I have noticed ...

Starance is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Paisley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Rewiring

Hello,

I've already bought the XTE-2005 Master Faceplate but have used it on one of my extensions. I have noticed on the forums people seem to put this on the Master socket and then buy the XTF-68/85 Professional Pre-filtered Socket for the extensions, should I do this?

Also.. I do not know if the Assynia Cat 6 UTP cable i have used to rewire with is shielded or unshielded, how would I be able to tell and what difference would either one make?

------Currently doneWhat I have done so far is run my cat 6 cable from the master socket(LJU) to the first extension(NTE5) in the front room, and then from there to the

second extension(NTE5) into the back from which has the XTE-2005 faceplate on it. I have not used any of the A&B terminals on both my extensions and my master socket is the LJU (2 line faceplate, i think LJU is the name). I have slotted the cables into just the 2 & 5 on each socket.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

Re: Rewiring

ONLY that master should fit an XTE-2005 - if you have all sockets with a removable front then whoever installed the line has done it wrong and chances are the extentions are wired wrong too (e.g. into the line itself and not the front panel of the real master)...best get it looked at if i were you
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Starance is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Paisley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Rewiring

Well...
      I knew I had something wrong. All sockets were NTE5's.

Now I have fitted the Master socket with the XTE-2005 with the main wires connected to A&B and then the 1st extension connected to the 2&5 on the XTE. Now, I want to add a 2nd extension should this come from the Master socket or can I simply connect it to the 2&5 on the 1st extension. Yes, both extension sockets are now XTF-85's. I'm using CAT6 UTP cable.