Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

lj2/1a question

This is a discussion on lj2/1a question within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Guys, Quick question as ADSL nation are not replying: Best replacement for lj2/1a faceplate? Or do i need to replace ...

danh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wimbledon
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

lj2/1a question

Guys,

Quick question as ADSL nation are not replying:

Best replacement for lj2/1a faceplate? Or do i need to replace the whole socket.

I have sky bb max and im lucky if i get 1.4 downstream. (although upstream is pretty good).

cabling is pretty poor once it is into the building but im a data network engineer so cabling is not a problem for me. Just want to know what is the best faceplate replacement.

Cheers in advance!

Dan

2. Advertisement
      adslnation is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Headington, Oxford
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: lj2/1a question

Haven't received any emails asking this question, but I'm afraid I don't follow you.
      adslnation

penrhyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB Box
      Thanks

You need to replace your LJU Master with an NTE5 in order to use an ADSL Nation faceplate.
      It is of course illegal to do this as the master socket is BT's
      You could co locate an NTE5 and fit it with an new faceplate.
      lots of info here:
      Guide to rewiring internal UK phone wiring
      Last edited by penrhyn; 13-12-07 at 01:59 PM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi guys, thanks for the replys.

ADSLnation, i sent you an email at

Nov 5, 2007 4:59 PM

But its not a big deal, its only recently that i have become annoyed with my connection again that i have decided to try and improve it.

I have a bt cable coming up the outside wall to the second floor, in through the window frame and terminating in a small white bt box about the size of two small match boxes on the window ledge. A cable runs out of that round the room, through the wall and into an old looking BT master socket. the only other sockets i can find are extensions off of this. When i took it apart and had a look it had the label - lj2/1a

I dont think i can replace this faceplate with one from you, i think i may have to replace the whole socket.

Not bothered about the illegal part. My choice. Just not sure what the best option is with the ancient lj2/1a i have is. it looks old.

Cheers for any advice, i will certainly order the bits need off of you as have done before and service was top notch.

Cheers in advance.

adslnation is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Headington, Oxford
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I guess your email got filtered. It is probably worth mentioning that, we can receive literally hundreds of spam messages in an hour. As a result we use spam filters, mail is dropped from hosts on the spamhaus list and then mail that gets through is filtered in the normal way using anti-spam software. This is common practice but does result is some false positives and therefore mail messages not received.

An even bigger problem is that most ISP's and net users have their own anti-spam measures that means that sometimes when we do receive a message and reply to it the person never receives the reply. For some reason we have never been able to get mail through to AOL email users, so please don't send us an email if your email address is AOL or you will not get a reply

We recently had one situation that was so ridiculous it was funny. A customer placed an order on-line but did not receive the usual confirmation email. So he sent an email asking if we received his order, we replied but clearly he didn't get that email. Then he proceeded to send 5 more emails getting more and more irate that we would not reply to him. Eventually he rang up blowing his top at how bad it was that we wouldn't reply to any email, he wouldn't believe that we had tried to reply and wouldn't accept the reasoning that as he hadn't received any messages including automated ones from the on-line shop that there was some technical reason between us and him preventing delivery of email.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is please don't rely on email (not just with us but anyone), if you don't get a reply after a day or two follow up with a call.

Back to the original question, your best option is to have an NTE-5 master socket fitted at the point of entry as it has many benefits including being able to isolate the internal wiring by removing the faceplate. Then you can fit an XTE-2005.
      adslnation

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by penrhyn View Post
      You need to replace your LJU Master with an NTE5 in order to use an ADSL Nation faceplate.
      It is of course illegal to do this as the master socket is BT's
      You could co locate an NTE5 and fit it with an new faceplate.
      lots of info here:
      Guide to rewiring internal UK phone wiring
      Hey,

Thanks for the info.

Dan

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adslnation View Post
      Back to the original question, your best option is to have an NTE-5 master socket fitted at the point of entry as it has many benefits including being able to isolate the internal wiring by removing the faceplate. Then you can fit an XTE-2005.
      Thanks very much!

eyemdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMMNSFI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

^^^ and if you want to at least look legal, try this one as this is what BT (Openreach) would fit.