Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Only main phone point works with xte2005 fitted! HELP

This is a discussion on Only main phone point works with xte2005 fitted! HELP within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I have the xte-2005 fitted and everything had been fine for the last 6 months or so, until recently ...

j0n35y is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Only main phone point works with xte2005 fitted! HELP

Hi, I have the xte-2005 fitted and everything had been fine for the last 6 months or so, until recently whilst my dad was doing some DIY decided to see if he could tighten up the faceplate as it was loose, turned out he couldnít fix it and took the whole thing off and put it back on! Now only that phone socket works in the whole house!

Iíve checked all the wiring we only have a blue/white wire going to 2 and a white/blue wire going to 5. Iím sure thatís how it was before but now only that socket works the internet is fine btw, same speeds etc. Weird, not a big problem at the moment, but would like to fix if possible.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks guys.

Allan

2. Advertisement
      j0n35y is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Only main phone point works with xte2005 fitted! HELP

sorry guys just fixed it, i found another set of wires tucked away. The same as the connected ones of blue/white and white/blue, connected these ontop of the existing wires and they phone points around the house started working. Sorted!

eyemdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMMNSFI
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

^^^ Could be that he's wired the incoming BT drop cable to the extension wiring terminals on the removable bit. I think this would explain it.

The incoming drop cable needs connecting to the A & B terminals behind the faceplate - technically only BT should do this. The extensions should then be wired from the removable faceplate terminals 2 & 5.

eyemdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMMNSFI
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j0n35y View Post
      sorry guys just fixed it, i found another set of wires tucked away. The same as the connected ones of blue/white and white/blue, connected these ontop of the existing wires and they phone points around the house started working. Sorted!
      Yes, I was right then. Your extensions will work but your line is now incorrectly wired. BT would probably charge to put it right if ever you have a fault, and the test socket behind the faceplate will be dead as the drop cable is now wired as an extension.
      Last edited by eyemdee; 12-11-07 at 11:54 PM.