Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Phone Socket Wires + Better speed

This is a discussion on Phone Socket Wires + Better speed within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by ppolo99 Just noticed my other phone socket looks like this (Bottom Left): Surely that's an aerial socket? ...

JaXanim is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: A Galaxy near you
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Phone Socket Wires + Better speed

Quote Originally Posted by ppolo99 View Post
      Just noticed my other phone socket looks like this (Bottom Left):
      Surely that's an aerial socket? How can the phone be connected into it?
      The brown cable is coax satellite tv aerial, the others are satellite tv and radio aerial sockets, the white lead has a circular plug like the others and looks like an aerial. Surely the last thing you want is your extension picking up radiation from the aerials? I was following your thread with interest, but you lost me when you posted this photo. Maybe I should go back to sleep.
      JaX

2. Advertisement
      stephens is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Phone Socket Wires + Better speed

Quote Originally Posted by JaXanim View Post
      Surely that's an aerial socket? How can the phone be connected into it?
      The brown cable is coax satellite tv aerial, the others are satellite tv and radio aerial sockets, the white lead has a circular plug like the others and looks like an aerial. Surely the last thing you want is your extension picking up radiation from the aerials? I was following your thread with interest, but you lost me when you posted this photo. Maybe I should go back to sleep.
      JaX
      lol, if you look to the bottom left of the socket you will see where the phone cable connects. I am sure it is not a good idea having a phone socket built into a diplexing socket as shown, but at first it does seem like a good idea for users of sky. It does save having another socket on the wall, and the silver diplex socket looks so neat and tidy. In reality though probably not a good idea when people are trying to the best out of their phone wiring

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234