Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

No master socket & noise on line

This is a discussion on No master socket & noise on line within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, 1st post so hope this goes ok!! Well we have been with sky for about 3 weeks now and ...

Lisa is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No master socket & noise on line

Hi,

1st post so hope this goes ok!!
      Well we have been with sky for about 3 weeks now and all seemed ok until a few days back when i got disconnected from the net, this coincided with the phone then becoming noisy...Anyways phoned BT yesterday to report a problem with noise on the line, and they are sending an engineer around this morning. I have just tried the quiet line test and guess what the phone is clear.ggrrr. Ok so the problem does seem to come and go but do you think i will be charged a call out fee? Im hoping not and that they will fit the new master socket for us...

Thanks
      Lisa

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: No master socket & noise on line

No, you shouldn't be charged. Line faults are often intermittent. Make sure you stress to the engineer that the noise comes and goes.

Good luck with getting a new master socket. Some time ago when I had an engineer round I mentioned that I noticed a bit of crackling when the wire to my old socket was touched (hint )

Lisa is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: No master socket & noise on line

Thanks, well the latest is that the engineer phoned about 11.30 and he is working on the "green cabinet" a few streets away to try and rectify the problem. Now since he began working the internet has gone down, it goes down everytime i try and call out on the cordless phone, seems ok on the corded. Noticed that the noise margins have been from -4.4 to 12.1. Just phoned BT to see whats happening and the engineer is still working on the "green cabinet". Also it doesnt seem likely that i will get a new master socket and BT man said they will only replace if they are damaged etc...
      Dunno if this makes sense but im in a hurry whilst i have internet connection!!!!!