Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

NTE-2005 without the need for extensions

This is a discussion on NTE-2005 without the need for extensions within the Cabling and faceplate help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I don't need to run any extensions i just want to use the faceplate too serve my phone and straight ...

Richardod is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Upminster
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

NTE-2005 without the need for extensions

I don't need to run any extensions i just want to use the faceplate too serve my phone and straight to my modem then cat5e to my pc.
      When I took my BT face plate off it was connected by Three wires I'm taking it these must be from a previous extension that a previous owner must have had.
      So i thought I could then jusr screw the NTE-2005 face plate on without connecting any wires but I am now not getting any dialing tone and the phone will not ring.
      But when I plug the phone into the test socket behind the plate it works ok dialing tone and ring are present.
      Am i being really stupid here or have i just got a faulty face plate from ADSL nation.
      Can someone confim that if no extensions are required then all you need to do is screw the plate on and it will filter ADSL ok !!!

Thanks for any replys.

2. Advertisement
      Godspeed is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: And Mart
      Broadband ISP: MID & Missing my Connect Ping
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: NTE-2005 without the need for extensions

Yup it's just a case of bolting up the new faceplate if you don't require any other sockets.

So the phone plugged in won't work and also the modem is'nt working when plugged in via the new faceplate?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yeah when I bolted the face plate on there is no dialing tone and the phone will not fing,but plugging the phone into the test socket all is ok

penrhyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB Box
      Thanks

Maybe the contacts in the master socket are a bit dirty and the new faceplate is not seating correctly.
      It might be worth giving the contact wires in the master socket a clean with a cotton bud with a drop of isopropol alcohol on it.
      Does the old master face plate still work?
      If still no joy I guess its faulty..... the adslnation guy is sometimes on these forums maybe he can offer some advise.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

YEah old master works ok,it was those Three wires that were connected to the BT master when I took it off that was throwing me it took me a bit of time to realise they must have been an old extension somewhere I thought they were part of the live phone socket and needed to be wired into the back of the new faceplate (Idiot now I know) but i had never taken a phone socket apart in my life so trying to learn bit by bit.
      I thought it would be too simle just to bolt the new faceplate on and that there had to be more to it.
      I spoke to someone from ADSL and he has agreed to send me a replacement socket out.

Thanks for your replys anyway chaps