Results 1 to 2 of 2
BT to Sky Broadband
This is a discussion on BT to Sky Broadband within the Asking for help forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Hi, Hope someone can advise me on this as I have been struggling to establish Sky Broadband service since the ...
- 08-03-07, 02:45 PM #1
BT to Sky Broadband
Hope someone can advise me on this as I have been struggling to establish Sky Broadband service since the Sky engineer came to install the router, and left me to it without actually established a Sky broadband connection. The reason he gave was that my line probably was not activated/ transfer from BT broadband to Sky. Although I have received a letter informed me it had before the day he came.
Although all the relevant lights on the router were on, but when I installed the CD and it try to establish the connection, it always came back saying, "it's not ready". I rang Sky customer service many times and have been raise to T3 may times, still no one rang me back to help.
So I wonder if anyone can advise me how I can get it connected?
1) Is it because BT is still my broadband provider, as I still able to get onto the internet with their router and connection?
2) Do I need to tell BT to cancel my contract before I will get Sky broadband (even though the tech. people at Sky have informed me that on the computer record I am connected to Sky broadband)?
3) Do I need to uninstall all by BT broadband software before I will be able to get Sky?
Thanks in advance,
- 08-03-07, 05:32 PM #2
Re: BT to Sky Broadband
1. If you can still access the internet with your BT details then yes it looks like you are still withy them. When I migrated from BT to Sky I lost my BT connection early on a Monday morning, that is how I knew that my Sky connection was up and running.
2. No, once you have got your MAC code from them the only other time you should contact BT is when you are up and running with Sky. Then tell BT to make sure you account with them is closed and if they owe you any money make sure they send a chaeque to you. Or if you owe them any money you will have to pay them.
3. Yes I would unistall any BT software you have on your computer. I also would not install the Sky software either as you do not need it.